how a rental amount is calculated for long term stay

Tena1
Level 2
Asheville, NC

how a rental amount is calculated for long term stay

I have set my pricing to give long term guests a 10% discount for a week or a month long booking. I have received a booking inquiry for 19 nights. The message from Airbnb says "based on your rate of $102/night your payout would be . . ." but the rates I have set on my calender are much higher than that. When I add the posted rates for the 19 nights in the guest's request then divide by the number of nights, the average nightly rate is $127.  When the discount is applied, average nightly rate for extended stay should be $114, not $102.  I can't figure out how Airbnb comes up with the rate that is quoted to the guest when they make a booking inquiry, but that rate is way below what I have set.  How do I set my rates so the guest is told the correct rate?

I need to respond to this guest in 23 hours, so would appreciate a quick response if possible.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tena1,

The rate the guest would be getting is the weekly rate which is also the 10% you have set for your listing.  What dates is the guest looking at booking for?  

For example, if they are booking for 19 nights and your rate was $150 per night, the guest would get a price of $135 per night.  You will also need to make sure you don't have pricing for specific weeks setup. 

I am not sure if this answers your question. 

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave - Yes, that does answer my question. I realized after I posted that I should go in and check weekly and monthly prices that I had set quite awhile ago. I deleted all of those, so I assume going forward that the only rates that will be used to calculate costs to guests are those posted on my calendar which I adjust fairly often.  Thanks for the quick response.

Tena