how to cancel new host discount

Josh98
Level 1
Boise, ID

how to cancel new host discount

hi. i'm new at this. when i was creating my listing, i was given the option to give a discount to my guests for the first 3 (?) months of doing business. I'd like to delete this welcome discount and i can't find a way to get rid of it. thanks.

22 Replies 22
Jason-and-Rina0
Level 2
Burlington, Canada

I have the same question, did you figure it out?

Thanks

Jason

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Jason-and-Rina0

I can't find the post that solved this, I think you can turn it off on your calender, in the date is a small symbol of a luggage tag and you click on it.

I could be taking absolute rubbish, but let me know how you go on.

Perfect found it in the calender section thanks!

Joy113
Level 2
Sanford, NC

Did anyone figure this "new host discount" out? When I set up my new listing, I was prompted by Airbnbm to offer a discount to the first three guests. It doesn't look like the discount is showing up, but I know it was previously. I can't find where to turn it on or off. 

Help!

Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Joy113

Its in this post

How-do-I-remove-the-Special-Discount-in-my-listing

It switches off automatically at the end of the promotional period or when 3 guests have booked.

Soo7
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

3 guests had already booked with the new host discount. I cant understand why my 4th guest also got the discount. I cant find any where to remove it

Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Soo7

Go to your calander and on the dates you will see a small picture of a luggage tag, click on it.

Soo7
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Jeff! I dont have that luggage tag when I go to my calendar.

Jeff158
Level 10

Hi @Soo7

The discount is no longer on your listing

Soo7
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yes Jeff. It seems that Airbnb did take it off, but after 4 bookings instead of 3.

Thank you for checking😊

So I just got off tech support with Airbnb. Apparently this new host discount thing is a new 'feature'. Once you opt into it, the algorithms take over the amount of the discount and the number of people it's offered to. They tell me there is no way to opt out once you opt in. There is also no way to see what the discounts or number of people it's offered to are. Yikes! I asked for more opportunity for hosts to control the settings on this (because I like the feature) but I feel like I'm in the dark, and I'm sorry I clicked yes to it. The rep said they'd pass the feedback on to the development team, for what that might be worth to those of us in this pickle right now. Good luck...

Also, another tip - some of you might have luck accessing the discount if you click on the "edit" button in the email Airbnb sent you confirming that the discount had been offered.

@Four-Corners0 Hmm.  Normally, when using a web browser looking at a calendar, one will see a grey bar across the dates.  When a host hovers over the grey bar, there should be a box pop up with the option to remove the discount.  

Matt570
Level 2
Rhode Island, United States

wow. that is awful. I am new to Airbnb as a host and I have to tell you, this platform is awful. I find myself googling the simplest of things, only to find online forums/threads with hossts scratching their head and airbnb customer service people providing terrible feedback. 

VRBO isnt any better. 

-Matt