looking for recommendations for keyless door locks that can be programmed from a smart phone

Susan27
Level 1
Newburyport, MA

looking for recommendations for keyless door locks that can be programmed from a smart phone

Don't need to spend a lot on it, but interested to get recommendations for keyless entry lock on door of condo to be able to reprogram easily and remotely.  

Thanks - 

5 Replies 5
Norm0
Level 1
Arlington, TX

LockState has some remote locks that have some good recommendations, and even claim to work through the Airbnb account.  I would rather deal with a large established company. Those don't seem to have wifi, but are stuck with the ols "Z wave". No experience with them. Stoill looking.  Norm

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

If you can wait, the Yale lock looks like a great option. Plus, it will work with Airbnb to autmatically assign codes to each guest. Also works with Nest.

Thanks Ed and Hugh - 

When you say "wait," does that mean it isn't on the market yet?  It sounds like a good one - 

Susan

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Susan27,

Thought you might be interested in this thread on Home Automation, there are a few clever devises mentioned there so might be worth taking a look! I hope this is helpful. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

As a host, most locks function similarly: Guests can open and close the door with a Smart phone. The software is the real differentiator.

You could choose a software company like VirtualKEY (virtualkey.co) that integrates with multiple locks and works with airbnb (as well as other travel sites) to automatically send Guests access valid only for their specific reservation. Additionally, they will even supply you with the Smart lock. 

Being a software company, they can focus all their efforts on making the Host's life easier. Broad integrations with locks, travel sites, cleaners, & easier key transfers to friends, neighbors, baby sitters, or dog walkers.