my guest did not appear for checkin, will i get paid ?

Dee8
Level 3
Belfast, United Kingdom

my guest did not appear for checkin, will i get paid ?

i waited all day from 11-midnight last night for my guest to checkin ,  despite 4-5 messsges to him that i would be there at home at 6pm then at 10pm he did not checkin .  

there has been no sign of him cancelling or anything,  will i be paid  ?

4 Replies 4
Nicholas13
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Dee,

You will find that every now and then a guest/traveller will not arrive.  Sometimes it's because their travel plans have changed OR sometimes they are confused in regards to the dates of the booking and may arrive at a different date (which has happenned to me before.) OR they may arrive late into their reservation.

If the booking has passed and they have not arrived it is up to your descrition if you wish to refund the guest. 

If you wish to make sure you are financially secured for all cancellations or "no-shows" I suggest using a "Strict" cancellation policy.

Cheers,

Nick

Dee8
Level 3
Belfast, United Kingdom

thanks nick,

but he did not tel me he was cancelling or anything,  i was left waiting from 11 am to midnight , infact all day long and ruined my day .  then he didnt show up and now im left out with a day ruined, no pay out when i could have had another guest book in. 

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Dee, if a guest does not show up at all, and does not cancel, a host is still paid. The money should arrive within a day or two after a guest's offical date of arrival. 

Dee8
Level 3
Belfast, United Kingdom

thanks donna

he is able to write a review though and i fear he will write a bad / negitive one.  how do i stop him from writing a review ?  as he didnt even bother to turn up  !! 

thankyou