no guest counts in ical or multi-calendar no notes for ical

Mark66
Level 2
Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ

no guest counts in ical or multi-calendar no notes for ical

Hi everyone, I am a little annoyed that the ical does not provide a guest count, and I have no way of entering notes into the ical for specific guest issues.  We always ask for make and color of vehicle, estimate for time of arrival, so we can find guests who's wifi or cellular do not work in the remote but beautiful community of oljato-monument valley.  if we have notes that we can add into the multi-calendar, they do not save and are not accessible at all except some of them view in the calendar, which is not extremely accessible or reliable when data runs out or data doesn't connect with low signal.  

So as a consequence, I have to make a separate sync-able note, of reservations for the week, the contact information, the notes and the number of guests.  you see guests in one area, listed, but every where else there's different collections of information in different headings.  I did a search in the community for this issue, and I'm shocked no one else has this painful issue.  

The screenshots of the days events, has the guest count, but you have to write down the contact numbers separately.  When we are at wifi, we can do all the switcheroos, but when we are "out in the field', they are almost impossible to get without copious notes in the note app.  

Also we are listed in Yelp, and we placed our airbnb listing as the website to encourage people to contact us, and to book with us.  However, many Yelp users are not yet AirBnB guests.  So some of our potential guests have registered, while they are traveling, and get hit, with the identification verification process.  We all love the identification and verification itself.  However, when clients are mobile and travelling, they may not have the wifi or resources in our region, to complete the identification verification, which resorts to AirBnB's policy that they do not want us to connect with guests without it.  And that's fair except to the extent, that a person has a valid ID, has submitted a valid form of payment clearly accepted by AirBnB and its only after booking do they get hit with the identitiy verification consule.  And that's my real issue, is that it doesn't present itself until after the booking is made.  The client believes there's a booking, and it appears in our ical as a valid booking.  AirBnB was supposed to get in touch with us that date to resolve the issue and said they had made contact with the client, but the client did not receive the messages until after the stay.  

To Host or Not to Host, is that the question?  Well according to AirBnB's policies no.  But in all fairness it is the identity verification block, at an untimely juncture after the reservation confirmation is already sent out, to both host and guest, and unresolvable for last minute bookings.  I still have not been contacted by AirBnB and they deleted the payment, and there's no way to attend to the matter in the resolution center.  The client had an airbnb account, and a valid method of payment, his first booking from the Yelp referral and we did host them anyways, because the entire point is to offset the hotel industry, which he could very well get a hotel room because he did have valid ID onsite.  

So those are my issues of the day.  

1 Reply 1
Geri-and-Osiris0
Level 7
Edmonton, Canada

@Mark66 I'm not sure I understand what your post is about and it's quite old. I do agree that the guest count needs to be included when exporting ical. I use and external calendar (google) so my cleaners know when to clean but the guest count is not included so they don't know how many linens and towels to put out. And is not just slightly annoying but a huge peice of information that is needed and missing and a huge waste of time to manually tell my cleaners the guest count. I cannot simply make a note of the guest count in the google calendar either. So this suposed time saving option of exporting the airbnb calendar via ical is useless.