no show

no show

Hi dear hosts, 

Please, I need your guidance since I am pretty on this platform. I have a guest who is coming soon and is answer neither messages nor calls. Airbnb has tried to contact but nothing. I do not want to cancel because maybe these people are travelling and I asked to call an hour before arriving which they will probably do. My question for you is in case of no show what should I do? I have a strict policy with grace period which is already expired. But should I  contact Airbnb to inform next day about the no-show? Am I going to receive the full amount? Unfortunately, I have asked these questions to Airbnb and they have not been clear on this matter. Other platforms are very clear with their no-show policy, I am really surprised they are not clear on this platform.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Veronica-Y-Carlos0

In the case of no show, you do nothing.

The guest paid for the accomodation, you will receive the money.

Just make sure that you try to communicate via the ABB platform, so you have a record of all your attempts to contact the guest.

Also, when you leave a review, make sure that you say something like "XXX did not check in, so any review is based on his communications via ABB platform". Be aware that he will be able to leave a review if he does not cancel, even if he never check in.

Regards

roberta

Thank you very much, Roberta, so I leave the booking as it is with the dates blocked? because in other platforms you can inform no-show and you keep the money and the remaining nights are released for you to resell the property.