pending travel credit

Hannah-and-Travis0
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

pending travel credit

I have been a host for three years now. I have gotten travel credits here and there but now I am confused with the one showing up as a pending travel credit of 100$. Anyone get these and how long does it take to come through and be able to use?

9 Replies 9
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Hannah-and-Travis0 It's possible that one of your referrals also became hosts.  If that is the case, when this person has completed their first hosting reservation of $100 or more you will receive a bonus, not Travel Credit, credited to your payout account.  Can you provide more information, text, of the message your received to be sure this is the case?

Same problem here. No indication about how to use it and no explanation as to why it is pending rather tha available for immediate use.

it takes like one months, Refered hosts gets forst payment then After 4 days airbnb pays you your promotion money!

Curious @Hannah-and-Travis0, are your travel credits being shown somewhere on the website itself or only in email communication?  

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Could it be the Superhost travel credit?

David-And-Amanda0
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

I am concused too. We have been hosts for over a year and maintained our super host status for most of that time. We have recently aquired on our profile page a Travel Credit of $134 and as we needed accomodation on our next trip thought we would use it.

Made a booking last night.

I assumed the credit would be deducted from the booking , but no, the full amount was charged to our credit card and the the travel credit remains.

How can l use the credit to this booking as l dont want to wait to make another, it expires in July,

would really appreciate input

much appreciated

I had same issue.  I knew I had travel credits and assumed they would be automatically applied.  I called Airbnb and was told that you had to enter promo code to make use.  But nowhere in Airbnb system can you find your travel credits!

I went back to old emails and found the promo codes.  The Airbnb rep also sent me my pending travel credit codes ... than I could use on my NEXT stay somewhere.  Clearly not the nice way for Airbnb to do this.  I just read the current article on Airbnb Help:

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1367/how-do-i-book-a-trip-with-travel-credit-from-referrals

which states:

"Your available travel credit will automatically appear on the checkout page. If the travel credits aren't automatically added, it means the reservation doesn’t qualify (trips must be $75 or more)."

So I am not sure if our travel credits will be automatically appearing on checkout page when booking a stay somewhere or if this is just what one hand of Airbnb expects to be happening, but the Tech hand has not yet implemented.

Sincerely,

Cameron

All my travel credits were deleted by the back end airbnb mods. I am not okay with this company anymore it's like.. will they somehow take my guest credit and tell me my guest never stayed at my place, and never give me payment? It's how I felt when airbnb took my travel credit and deleted it from my travel credit page.

Darren37
Level 1
United States

I'm not a host, but a guest who signed up using referal link.

I booked a place to stay (above the US$75), the first payment page showed the travel credit discount, then the last confirmation page showed the full price.

I believed Airbnb would charge the discounted price but they charged full price. Now my travel credit says pending too.

This issue is related to all Airbnb users.