prices come up very different on a search

prices come up very different on a search

i have my nightly price set at $99.  when i search in my city to see what others are charging, i see my listing photo along with others, but my listing now shows as $199.  when i click to the listing, it's back to $99.  but the first thing anybody looking in my area sees is this price that's a hundred dollars more than i charge.

i charge a $50 cleaning fee, so that can't account for it. 

i would like to know why the price is different on the search results screen.

anybody got an idea?

23 Replies 23
Glauber1
Level 2
California, United States

After changing the prices, this is what I undertood:

a) it adds base or min (in may case the same) + cleaning + extra person (in case this is for 2 occupants);

b) the same room, but searched as 1 person, will show the base or min (same in my case) + cleaning. It will not add the extra person of course. 

thank you all. 

I'm having the same problem. The home is listed for $156/night, but when I search, It shows up as $178/night. See attached imagesScreen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.23.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.25.30 PM.png

MY SON IS A LAYWER HE SAID THIS IS ILLEGAL, WE HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF THIS AND WE ENDED UP BOOKING A HOTEL, I WILL NOT GIVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD AND BE CHARGED WAY MORE THAN LISTED!   YOU OWNERS NEED TO TAKE LEAGAL ACTION ON THIS IT IS NOT RIGHT AND IT MAKES YOU FEEL CREEPY DOING BUSINESS IWTH THEM!

'

R22
Level 2
Eugene, OR

I'm new to AirBnB. I put in my room rent at $29. with a $5. cleaning fee. Originally, the landing page for the price range showed $29.00. Almost immediately, I had 3 reservations. Then, it stopped. I looked at the landing page on two difference search engines - one showed $32 and the other $36. Now, if a potential guest was OK with that amount and went to the expanded page, they'd see $29.

I called AirBnB and at first the guy tried the formula of a year, then a month to arrive at a day. I told him that the most a guest can rent is 6 days - no weeks, no months. Then, he suggested that maybe it was showing Canadian dollars, nope. Upshot: he'll check with tech and in 48 hours there may be an answer. 

I try to think the best of people, but I am now the highest one in the area of comparable amenities. I can't help but wonder if there's price manipulations to keep everybody getting a little. Very strange coming on the heels of 3 reservations right after I listed.

Regina208
Level 2
Ribeirao Preto, Brazil

I have the exact same problem. I am charging 180 ( in my currency) and it shows 265. I am not getting clients as they think I am overpricing. I will call Airbnb tomorrow ( October 17, 2018) to find out why, and I come back to this chat to share what I got.

I

Pam1357
Level 1
North Redington Beach, FL

I have stoped 3 differant bookings for them  for showing one price and then when I  go to book making it  ahigher price than listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I took pictures of them doing this . this is very unsafe and not good business.    

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

AirBnb just started adding the cleaning fee to prices shown on the search map. They probably should have done this a long time ago. Travelers hate it when fees are not included. Hotels do this. They quote prices and don't even show you the fees and taxes until you click to book.

Kate1921
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hello - we have listed our house five£595 a night but it’s showing as £702 per no FB t when you search! It goes back to £595 when you click on it. I have turned off smart pricing so I can’t understand why this is happening. I’m worried people will be put off and we really need the income. Please help! 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kate1921 

In the search prices are shown including costs like cleaning fee etc.

BTW i wanted to look at your listing, but your profile is seems not to display

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/29721993