push notifications

Christine28
Level 2
Coogee, Australia

push notifications

Anyone else find that the push notifications suddenly stop working on your phone? I've pursued Airbnb for compensation for one missed booking because of it, which I received after 5 excruciating hours on the phone after which they finally admitted it was their issue to fix. Anyone else fed up with missing bookings?
17 Replies 17
Florian15
Level 2
Oradea, Romania

I missed 3 booking requestes in the past 3 days. No e-mail, no sms and also no push notifications on my phone.

I'll try to contact them, this is really unpleasent especially that my response rate went down!

Nathan9
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

I also don't get Airbnb notifications any more, though I do get a text message and an email notification. I liked having the Airbnb sound! I checked all my settings, on the app itself, and also on the iPhone settings menu. Everything is set to on, but for some reason Airbnb app itself does not send notification anymore.

My push notifications stopped working by itself . Same issues on my phone and iPad . Anyone else having same issue ?

Thanks
Emma43
Level 3
Newport, United Kingdom

I agree - really annoying nd unhelpful as is their new website design; virtually impossible to navigate...

Ana-Lilliam0
Level 2
Costa Rica

Hi, I am new on this of being host. I opened my account in a computer and after that I went to my iphone, open the app of Airbnb and I put again the information but in spanish. I was expecting both to be the same. The issue is that I just received a push notification in my sms from somebody interested in my apartment, but I don't see the message in the airbnb, how could this happen? how can I get in contact with the person interested? I tried to answer the SMS but is not accepted. Any idea?

@Emma0 and @Nathan0 and @Christine0 and others,

I was in touch with Airbnb today regarding various issues with the App Notifications and moments ago was just sent the following email from customer support. I figured I'd send it off to the group right away and then go and test it for myself....

Hello,

This is Noele with Airbnb it was a pleasure speaking with you today.

I understand that you and your wife were having some issues with the push button notifications on the iphone mobile app.

I found a few things that you can try to possibly resolve the issue.

First things to try, in order to see changes, would be to update the mobile app to the latest version 16.04

You can select which type of push notification or text message notification you would like to receive by toggling on and off various categories

Below are steps you can take for the push notifications as well as the text message notifications.

Push Notifications Categories:

> Messages- From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates- Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Account Activity - Changes made to your account
> Other - Feature updates and more

Text Message Notifications:

> Messages - From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates - Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Travel Recommendations - Trip ideas, travel and price alerts
> Other - Feature updates and more

You'll always receive text message updates for Account Activity.

In addition to what I posted below about the identifying sound/chime being gone... When I updated to this version you're referring to on my S8+, I stopped receiving all notifications for

"> Reservation Updates- Requests, confirmations, changes, and more" even though it is selected. Airbnb customer service has selected it for me. I have selected it on the website through settings. I have selected it on the app itself on the phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have logged out of very device and logged back in. Nothing seems to fix the issue. What is most frustrating is when you contact their support, and they don't seem to understand what one is talking about or how these glitches can negatively impact one's business.  

Joel113
Level 1
United States

I inadvertently turned off all the push notification in the iPhone app. Now when I try to turn on any of the push notifications in the app, I get the error message "You must have at least one device with push notifications enabled." Airbnb notifications are on in the iPhone settings, with all types of notifications enabled. I've tried logging out and back in, terminating the app, and rebooting the iPhone. What am I (or the app) doing wrong? 

Rita269
Level 2
Marshfield, MA

God I thought I was alone with this issue. 

I loved when I heard the chime of the notification.. I was excited because I knew it had to do with a request or inquiry from Airbnb.  Now I need to check my phone so much more often. There has to be a fix and hopefully they will take care of business. 

Since the last update my S8+ notifications now all sound the same, the iconic Airbnb notification sound is gone, and nowhere to be found. I can't even find the file on my phone to manually assign it.

I called Airbnb and the response was "As far as the Airbnb sound, I did confirm with my IT support team and they said there was no sound. Are you sure it was just a sound on your phone you chose for the Airbnb notifications?"

Seriously... how on Earth is Airbnb IT unaware that it's phone app has a unique notification sound, very much like FB Messenger, Gggle Hangouts, Whats-App, and most apps who want to create user identification do?

Meanwhile the app continues to work just fine on my S7 Edge.
Patricio2
Level 6
Quito, Ecuador

One option for that is to send the booking notifications to your email adress too, that way you will receive the email notification in case the push notifications dont work

Dawn50
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

I am also having this problem on both my iPad and iPhone.  I have recently got a new iPhone and still have this intermittent problem. 

Liz78
Level 2
Alpine, TX

I no longer recieve push notifiactions either an dhavelost 2 resefvations this last week as a result...i have spent at least 6 hours researching this - uninstalling and reinstalling apps....rebooting and resetting everything i can think of or have been guided to in settings...i too used to get excited about hearing my special airbnb "sound" and it alerted me to "take care of business".....now i fell more friendly toward vrbo..sadly ...

I've had an open ticket with Airbnb since last Saturday (a week today) and they can't figure out why I am no longer hearing the Airbnb sound (in fact they insist Airbnb doesn't have its own distinctive notification sound) and I am not receiving any push notifications, nor am I receiving email notifications. Like you, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, change the email address on record, enabled all notifications, disabled them -- nothing works.