AirBnB blocking host's dates

Jaeeun0
Level 1
New York, NY

AirBnB blocking host's dates

This is my first time hosting, and I cancelled my first booking from basiclaly caused by a confusion on my end. But then the situation changed and I realize that I can have the dates available again. Can I un-block the dates blocked by Airbnb?

13 Replies 13
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

No, That is the penalty for cancelling a reservation.

Xiaoming0
Level 2
Virginia, United States

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

One guest booked 06/14, 06/15, and 06/17.  I do't have 06/17 available, but did not block it.

Now all three days are blocked by Airbnb.

I would not mind if it only block 06/17.

Does anyone know how to contact Airb2b?

Leslie80
Level 3
Lexington, KY

Im having the same situation. Airbnb won't let the guest cancel. I have to and get blocked. They are getting to be so difficult. 

Jw1
Level 2
Ærøskøbing, Denmark

I have to admit, I am pretty angry about this "policy". What I did, I did solely at the request of the customer. She made an offer and asked a question. I answered her question and did not hear back within 24 hours so I wrote to her, being nudged by airbnb to reply, and said I would accept her reservation. Which I did. Then she wrote the next day very excitedly, and implored me to cancel her reservation. Fearing a consequence from the customer side, I did as she requested. It all happened very quickly, that I did not take seriously the little warning from Airbnb because I thought "this can't be an issue, I am doing what the customer wanted!". So I cancelled. And now I have one prime week that is blocked from being reserved. I did use a form that is not quite intended for this issue, and sent a note via the form, telling what happened and asking that they unblock the week in July. They didn't respond. This, to me, is a VERY negative, and financially negative, "punishment" for delivering very good customer service. Their needs to be a good competitor to airbnb, if only because they do something like this and leave us hanging with ZERO customer zervice and apparently a bling eye to bad policy.

Dianne6
Level 3
Omokoroa, New Zealand

I understood the Air bnb will let the guest cancel but are applied a penilty cost just like we get if we cancel. I was told by my first guests who were super hosts of some years to never cancel for a guest ... you will pay the price, not them and they often just move onto another place they fancy. If they want to cancel they can at their own cost.

Di

Thank you! Good advice! 

I just run into this as well?!! My guest requested cancellation several days before the actual date, of course I did it and now those 5 days are blocked?!! This doesn't make any sence at all?! So from now on, I'll tell the guest that they'll need to call Airbnb, not me.

I had a booking and the guest requested that I cancell it due to the fact that he could not get a visa to travel.  He contacted AirB&B who advised him that I as the host HAS to cancell the booking and then he can get his deposit back.

I did that to help the guest. AirB&B has send me two e-mails to tell me what a bad host I am for cancelling and they have blocked the dates that the guest originally booked.  Anyone with the same problem?

Guests can always cancel a booking.

Hosts will be penalized if they do so.

David

Sonetta probably if Your guest cancell booking Airbnb take him some money so he ask You to do that.Of course  You want help guest and You saw what happens.

I think You learn lesson for the second time.

If You have that messagge(which can be a proof)  with guests I think no one will help You.

Vinko1
Level 1
Split, Croatia

Hello everyone

I wanted to write airbnb messagge but cant find nowhere their addresse.So if anyone see messagge from them...

When I change prices for certain period I didnt saw You unblock me days who were already block..

In period of 10 minutes I got two instant reservation for that days so I could not react no more than reject them.

It isnt important but they offer was better...

I apologized people in period of 20 minutes after they reserved my apartment and I decline them.They had understanding and nowhere wasnt problem...I think  I react all fast I could.

Second day You send me messagge how careless I am.And of course take me some money from another reservation.

When I change price for that longer period You didnt send different bill guestes who reserved my apartment through Airbnb what is ok.Please in future if You have some good programmer correct that. I just want automatic change price not unblock dates.

Please dont send me warning messages, after all good rewiews I think I dont deserve that.

Regards Vinko

Mike59
Level 2
Bulimba, Australia

Pretty sure the only way to get back your dates is to delete your account and start again. 

Sucks I know. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vinko1,

Nice to meet you. Aw I can imagine this was a worry situation. 

Actually, I am really sorry to go against your advice @Mike59, but if you delete you account you will loose everything on your listing including your reviews which I am sure you would be upset to loose. I would recommend contacting the Support Team directly to discuss this further. Here is a great Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC) on the different ways to contact the team. 

Let us know how you get on. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.