Payout not received

Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Payout not received

How do you actually find a number and speak to a human being on this site?? I have been receiving my payouts ok, and now on transaction history the recent ones say they have been paid out to me on the same bank details (I have not changes them) - and nothing is coming through. I have checked with my bank, and they have received nothing. So how do actually resolve a problem on here?? I am used to Owners Direct where you can actually talk to someone and get things resolved. This is not good at all here when you get a problem. 

4 Replies 4
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mark398

The number you need to call in the UK is : +44 203 318 1111 or locally 02033181111

There are two things all new hosts should make sure of before they start hosting!

1/. Read all the rules surrounding home hosting with Airbnb. 

2/. Make sure they have contact details in case something should go wrong.

I can't agree with you that things are not good here. I find Airbnb are one of the most contactable and helpful companies I have ever dealt with. Their help (to me) has been prompt and efficient. 

If your transaction history is showing amounts to you have been paid to your nominated bank account, but your bank has no record of those payments then it is possible that your ABB account has been compromised and your payments are being redirected elsewhere.

I would contact ABB on the above number as a matter of urgency and explain your situation and they can best help you.

Cheers.....Rob

Mark398
Level 3

Many thanks - that number was well hidden - they obviously don't want to make it easy to find - so thanks.

I know that I have not changes my payout details, and I am not alone in facing this issue of delays/non-payments - the community recent posts seem to indicate others are having issues.

The statement "I find Airbnb are one of the most contactable and helpful companies I have ever dealt with. Their help (to me) has been prompt and efficient" obviously means you work for them or are connected to them in some way! As this is not my experience, nor does it appear to be the experience of others who are facing delayed and non-payments. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mark398

No Mark I don't work for them or have any connection with them other that being an Airbnb host. But, I am an Airbnb Superhost having met certain criteria over the past year and being a superhost gives you certain priviledges....one of those being contactability.

If I have a problem....and I have probably had about 6 minor issues over the past 18 months I dial the Sydney Australia ordinary number 02 85203333 and, provided I dial from the phone I have registered with Airbnb, the one they send notifications on, the system recognises that that number dialing belongs to a superhost! Before it even rings an electronic voice says...'Welcome superhost, your call will be answered shortly' and within 30 seconds someone in San Francisco will say..."Good afternoon Robin, how may I help you today" ! My superhost information has been flashed onto their screen and I don't even need to say who I am. I am not kidding you Mark, that is the way it happens every time.

If I dial from another phone I just get put in the queue....so that is why I say contact with this company is amazing.

Believe what you want but, I can assure you, I am not a 'Dorothy Dixer'.....a company plant and I can also assure you I don't get paid for this! 

The motivation for myself and about 50 other regulars here is to help. I am also the kitchen coordinator for a volunteer meals delivery service as well (Meals on Wheels). I don't get paid for that either. I am retired, I have done my bit in life and got my rewards....I just want to put a bit back now, and that is what I do! So Mark my comments here should not be seen as " obviously means you work for them or are connected to them in some way!" 

I am not, and any of the forum moderators who control and regulate this forum will verify that!!

Cheers....Rob

Mark398
Level 3

Ok, apologies - I can only conclude that the team you deal with in Australia are much better than those we are dealing here in Europe! I have excellent ratings - satisfied customers. My requirements are very simple - I just want to receive my payouts! (as has happened up to now!). I have read recent posts here and the really worrying thing is, many others are getting the same problems too. I googled payout problems Airbnb, and yet more evidence comes up instantly about significant delayed or missed pay outs. So this isn't just one host being difficult. There categorically is a problem! And I want to publicise this to other hosts so that they get their act together and resolve this. By contrast I also deal with Owners Direct. Lets just provide a comparison. For a start they provide a helpdesk (hosted in Ireland) who do actually solve problems.And they tell you the phone number prominently on their website. They are not trying to hide their details - they want to help. Their payout process is simple and straight forward - and the money hits my bank within 3 days - max. By contrast Airbnb don't want you to phone them as they hide their numbers. The fastest payout I had from them was around 7 days. And now nothing - still waiting. So Owners Direct isn't perfect and the market is very different (older and more traditional couples). But I am really so frustrated with Airbnb - I thought they were good. The site is popular and I have had good bookings - but as a host I am not being dealt with properly by them at all. So I am about to vote with my feet!