Puerto Rico

Angel9
Level 1
New York, NY

Puerto Rico

Looking to connect with hosts in Puerto Rico.

Please hit me up.

Mainly want to connect with those more experienced who have gone through high/low seasons.

And how they manage to stay on top of the tides.

134 Replies 134
Jill121
Level 2
Culebra, Puerto Rico

Do i need a business liscense to Abnb my vacation home in Puerto Rico?

You will need to apply for a hostal number which is given by Compañía de Turismo and then you are required to pay monthly taxes by law. Please see the link below:

http://www.seepuertorico.com/es/roomtax/

Got one of those. And have been paying. Was curious if there were additional regulatory requirements/burdens.

Hello Jill

If you have more than one or are considering to invest in another property under a corp or llc, the LLC or Corp should be registered with the state department also. In that case seek advise from a local tax lawyer advisor. 

John

Are you sure about this?  I thought the AirBNB documents say they're handling the 7%.  Why would we need to do it again?

Sibe0
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

You need a Hostel ID that Turism Office provides. And render taxes (7%).

Luck,

Yahaira1
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hi

I need to pay the 7% or airbnb pay automatically to the compañia de turismo? Also the state taxes is the same?

You will need a "registro de comerciante" short term rentals - next, you will need the hotelier number - next, you go online and pay them but that is the part I do not know if they collect as double taxation or triple taxation. Example Airbnb collects 7%, you? project and pay 7% again? at the end of the year, the IRS gets you again for whatever leftover income is left after Rent or mortgage, utilities, maintenance, losses, and damages made by guest. You get the point. 

Clive0
Level 2
Culebra, Puerto Rico

We are AirBnB hosts in Culebra, PR. Would like to participate in these discussions too.

Thanks!!!

Sibe0
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

If you guys meet up, count me in. 

I've been hosting for a year.

Lately having a bad season but don't know if it's just me or a lot of people.

Would like to know how other people do it here.

I have my hostal ID and do the taxes already.

Mi numero el de la izquierda.***

Feel free to hit my up. 

My social media name it's the same as mine here.

Let's see if this works.

Greetings everyone.

Gracias

***[Personal information removed]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sibe0,

Lovely to meet you. 

I hope you don't mind, as your post is publicly visible, for safety reasons I have had to remove your phone number from your post. Just to highlight we do have a direct messaging function here in the Community Center, if someone wants to send you a message they can hover over your profile image here and click 'Send Message'. 

Also, you might also find other hosts from your area in the Spanish speaking Community Center.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello,

I am in Puerto Rico and trying to book an airbnb, but my connectivity sucks.  I don't think my phone is working for calling or for texting and do not seem to be receiving emails either.   Is there any way I can book.  I have accounts under [personal information hidden] and made a new one tonight [personal information hidden], because I could not recieve the password reset email.

How is one supposed to use airbnb while traveling?

I can easily use hotel.com now, but that was not what I wanted.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Michelle462,

Great to meet you, it is fantastic you are wanting to book a trip. Even with poor connectivity have you tried booking via Airbnb.com, you never know you might be able to get it though, especially if you are able to book on hotel.com. 

Fingers crossed. Do let me know if you can.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Julie458
Level 4
Oakland, CA

Hi folks, I am just starting an airbnb here and I was wondering if you folded the 7% tourism tax into the daily rate or made it separate? if you do the former, aren't you then paying income taxes on the tourism taxes because you have to claim your income and it appears as income? and if the latter, how do you collect it?

thank you,

Julie

That is a very good question. Did you find out?