Setting Price on Your Calendar for Single or a Set of Days: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Setting Price on Your Calendar for Single or a Set of Days: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is a question I have seen a lot of new hosts ask about.  Below are the steps to change the price for specific days or a group of consecutive days on your calendar.

Step 1: Select the "Host" tab on the top right hand corner and then choose "Manage Listings".

pricing1.png

Step 2: Choose "Manage Listings and Calendar".  You will then be taken to your calendar.

princing2.png

Step 3: On your calendar, select one date by clicking on the date or select consecutive dates by clicking on the first date by dragging (while still clicking) the cursor to the last date you wish to change the price on.  

pricing 3.png

pricing4.png

Step 4: When you select the date/dates you want to set specific pricing for, a box will appear on the right hand side which allows you to input the price for the dates you selected.  Input your desired price and select "Save Changes".  As you can see below, the prices have now been changed to $105 for the dates I selected.

pricing 5.png

As you can see below, the prices have now been changed to $105 for the dates I selected.

pricing 6.png

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

12 Replies 12
Joe-and-Judy0
Level 1
Eldorado, Texas, United States

Hi David, I'm brand new to Airbnb, and I'm having problems setting the prices.  I have followed your steps exactly, and it appears to work (no errors), but the pricing doesn't change.

Also, on the calendar page, under settings there is a link that says "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends."  This link doesn't do anything.  I need to change my "minimum nights" according to the season.  I require 2 nights minimum most of the time but for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., I go to 5 nights minimum.

Hi @Joe-and-Judy0.

Are you choosing "Save Changes"?  When you say the pricing doesn't change, do you mean on your calendar, a search or your daily/weekend rate?  If you change the rate on your calendar, the daily/weekend rate is overwritten.

Also, you can only set the minimum number of days which applies to your entire listing.  So as of right now (I think) you can not set a certain part of your calendar to 2 days and another portion to 5 days.

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

The Save button disappears so I cannot check it.  Can only see Save button if I do one day at a time.

Jools0
Level 2
Sheringham, United Kingdom

I have the same challenge.  I am happy to accept 2 nights minimum throughout the year but over Christmas I would like to maximise the season and offer Christmas week as a full week or minimum of 5 nights.  There should be a facility to do this for all sorts of 'holidays' and Special events in different towns. 

Angie0
Level 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

hi David

im having the same problem and cant find an answer.

hoping somebody can help?

Angie

This has always been a "B" grade site.Sach the programmer and get someone who knows what they are doing

Marike0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I may not understand this quite correctly. I can change the calendar rate, no problem, but then when I get paid out it all works under one rate and not the variety of rates I set on the calendar. How does this work?

Joan17
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

This seems to have been changed - I can't get to Manage Listings and Calendar - they keep trying to get me to sign up for Smart Listing which I don't want

I am New and seem to have made many mistakes setting up my listing. It does not look how I wanted it.

I do not have an account. I do not know how I am to get paid, I have an enquiry for a booking for tomorrow

but have family staying that night. Have tried saying decline , dont know if that worked. My listing says

no charge for extra guests  Well that would not be right. Please help. The Team has not responded to my e mails

Kind Regards

Lynne **

I am new and just setting up my calendar and pricing.  I live in a resort and have added notes  for Special pricing for Festival and Event time frames.  How do my guests see the notes?

Evelyne52
Level 1
Sanary-sur-Mer, France

Why the price per night given to guests is higher than the price we proposed?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.