420 Friendly Canada an attraction or Liability?

420 Friendly Canada an attraction or Liability?

Cannabis in Canada is legal and we now have tourism season coming in full swing. this being said what exactly should Cannabis Smoking tourists know before coming to Canada and staying in one of the country's many B&B's? 

Cannabis legal?

while Cannabis is legal to smoke, it is only legal to smoke in designated smoking areas or with approval by landlord(This differs province to province so please check provincial guidelines before coming) 

Edibles in any form are still illegal. 

Cannabis is legal up to 30 grams if stored in plastic containers displaying- Type and potency.

Cannabis is still slightly taboo in most interior provinces not including port city's and Ontario or BC (Vancouver(most other BC towns and areas), Montreal, Toronto)

Cannabis helps people in many ways however better understanding how will help you to better find what form of cannabis works best for you. we have many knowledgeable individuals about cannabis in this country most of witch are willing to discuss and happy to teach there experiences. 

420 Friendly B&B 

as Canada moves forward becoming the first country to fully legalize cannabis some members of the Host community move towards a 420 friendly approach to AirB&B. One such B&B being 420 reasons to stay in Vancouver BC. The staff is well versed and knowledgeable about anything cannabis and all legality's around it, as well as the beautiful surrounding area of oakridge district and greater Vancouver. an amazing look at how this lifestyle should be brought to the B&B community and great outline to how this should continue to be developed.. 

dyllan-leafly.jpg

as long as both Hosts and Guests are aware of guidelines i believe this to be a strong step forward towards another beautiful tourist season in Canada.

-Dillon McArdle  

8 Replies 8
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Dillon21  I have no objection for people to smoke cannabis because it is legalized in many states and in Canada. However, smoking cannabis is the same as smoking cigarettes and other tabacos, they leave strong smells in the house and very hard to get rid of.

I have no smoking policy in my listing. It does not matter what kind of smoke, they are all prohibited inside the house.

Thanks for your reply, In most instances i fully agree, it is by the discretion of the host and landlord weather or not a client  can smoke on or within the premises. I meant more to bring to light another attraction to those not effected by said odder and another cultural change happening first hand in North America as a tourist opportunity. 

please don't compare marijuana to cigarettes, never

Cigarettes and marijuana have only one thing in common - the habit of smoking. Otherwise, it is difficult to compare tobacco and cannabis, tobacco that kills millions of people, and marijuana, which has already saved a huge number of lives. There can be many examples of the positive effects of marijuana, but the most important thing is life and how we will live it. This is what has brought me many good moments in life and good friends. And how to live is up to you.

Павел8
Level 2
Barauliany, Belarus

Завидую жителям Канады. Они могут курить марихуану сколько захотят, в моей стране это в ряд ли случится когда-нибудь. А что касается бизнеса, то в ряд ли это будет хорошей идеей, как сказано выше. Дым слишком плохо выветривается. 

It should be good to attention

Brett-And-Alex0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Amen @Dillon21 ! In 10 years cannabis will be as commercial and accepted as Coors Light. With proper rules and guidelines there is no reason why any Host who is so inclined shouldn’t be going “420 Friendly”

Alex

thanks so much Dillon, for the lovely words. Check us out at our new location https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/50945743?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1626166108_kVcWVKOY...