[GAME] Word search of summer destinations!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[GAME] Word search of summer destinations!

Hi everyone,

How’s the lockdown treating you? This makes us optimistic about the future, and our minds are filling with images of sandy beaches, heavenly sunsets and we can almost feel the summer breeze against our face.

We’ve hidden 30 places we’d love to spend the summer months, can you spot them all? One rule though: for everyone to take part, please guess only 1 word at a time.

Please note that places with two or more in their name are combined into one.

Let the hunt… begin!

3rd Review.png

74 Replies 74

Hey @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Nick @Helen427  Jessica & Henry , I'm looking at Mykonos as I write from my garden terrace. ( Also Paros & a bit of Naxos )

It's ( almost) a stone's throw away across the sea from our island … and there's nobody there ! How surreal that must be when normally at this time of year it's swamped ( not  nice ) but we have great memories of many many trips there over the years, some to catch international flights. On a return leg to the UK one time, the first flight of the year ( only seasonal ) there were 4 of us on a huge jet.

Now that was surreal !!  ;-D ;-D

A 14 - upwards - Rio De Janeiro

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Nick, K14 up: Marrakech (alternatively spelled Marrakesh ). Another place on my bucket list!

@Nick  Can see  Ventura  backwards starting at G8 . The name rings a bell but haven't a clue where it is. 

I had another look and just realized it's actually FUERTEVENTURA , starting at M8.

That's in Spain . ? So, is there a Ventura, too ?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fuerteventura is correct! @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 

@Βασίλης-and-Ann0   Ventura is in California between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No, that's not there.

Actually the only thing that comes to mind is Ace Ventura, a Jim Carrey character in a 90s movie 🙂 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Nick @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Kath9 

@Cathie19 @Yannis37 @Laura2484@Fred13 

@Melodie-And-John0 @Huma0 @Yadira22 @Gordon0 

@Daniela1596 

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Mike-And-Jane0 

@Sandra126 @Suzanne302 @Helen3 @Helen350 @Daniela15 

@Ute0 and @everyone-else ( please tag another person who may not be on this list to ensure newer & less frequent users partake & feel included) 

M11 - CORNWALL - right to left

Do you have a CORNWALL in your country?

We have at least 2 CORNWALL PARKS in New Zealand.

One in Auckland & one in the Hawkes Bay region.

There's also a CORNWALL region in the UK which is alongside the coast line & is very picturesque.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Now I am sorry but I have to put people right here. We do not have A Cornwall in the UK we have THE Cornwall. Any other 'Cornwalls' are just spin-offs from the original Cornwall.

VENTURA:   G8  to A8

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ange2 start from M8 for the whole thing... 🙂 

@Nick    Ah!  Fuerteventura  definitely prefer a vacation on an island than on the coast in Ventura, CA.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

K3 - IBIZA - diagonal downwards

@Nick