Great zoom meet up - many folks missed lots of fun and sharing of crafts

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Great zoom meet up - many folks missed lots of fun and sharing of crafts

loofah1.jpgloofah2.jpgloofah4.jpg

What a delight on a zoom meet up this morning with other hosts from all over the world. Hope many of you will consider joining our next meet up...you'll learn, share, chat, laugh and develop buddies from all over. Might surprise you how many cool hosts there are out there...plus, many are experts on being an Airbnb host, super host and know all the ropes. Join in the fun next time!  @Quincy @Lizzie @Stephanie @Emilie @Christine615 @Lawrene0 @Cathie19 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 @Laurelle3 

25 Replies 25
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry I missed you @Clara116 - you know what it's like when the baby's in a rut. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Clara116 thanks for showing the luffas it reminded me to look up where to get the seeds Downunder. 

@Emilie great to meet you and your designs of Air pottery. I Thought I would try making some shapes for my mosaics but trying to find out how I can glaze them so they can go outside.

@Lawrene0   the weaving looked good is it difficult to make the diamond pattern.

@Cathie19 good to see your finished painting. I heard on the news this morning that more roads are closed

with all the rain. So hope the food supplies hold out for everyone.

@Quincy thanks for showing us your recycled cat scratcher. You could have a market there.

@Lizzie I missed if you said you had taking up knitting, loved the little bird that your mum made.

@Christine615 your red outfit looked good and your lego construction is inspiring.

@Jessica-and-Henry0 great idea about putting photos into a memory book. I find myself going through the photos and deleting a lot of them trying to keep the best that are meaningful.

@Stephanie we missed you tonight, morning or afternoon for some.

@Till-and-Jutta0 sorry we missed you how is your tortoise in the garden going.

Thanks every one I ended up eating tating 1/4 of the apple and rasberry galette for late, late night supper.

Look forward to the next zoom meeting on whatever topic. I am looking forward to meeting other hosts from around the world. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 wrote:

@Emilie great to meet you and your designs of Air pottery. I Thought I would try making some shapes for my mosaics but trying to find out how I can glaze them so they can go outside.

@Laurelle3 Apologies for the late reply on here, I was curious if you'd found a solution and gave it a go? I glazed mine with couple of layers of varnish that came in with the pottery set, and an extra layer of a varnish spray that my partner uses for figurine painting.

Not sure if it helps but I'd love to see what you end up making. 😃

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

I hung out in the Zoom waiting room until 42 minutes past the starting hour, but was never admitted to the meeting.  I had to drop, and start work.  Oh well, maybe next time.

😭.   💐

@Debra300 I know they had a problem in the beginning and we all had a small wait but guess you got caught in the problem.....hope you'll join again next time. Regards, Clara

😞

There was a glitch. I had difficulty too before quitting and trying again. Hopefully it will be ironed out next time.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm so sorry about this @Debra300! We had some issues with this particular Zoom call 📞 . I hope this won't discourage you from joining us for the next CC social 😞 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Quincy,

Technical difficulties happen.  I will definitely attend a meet up whenever I can.  

Patience6
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Would have loved to join. Where do i get noifications of meetups? Can someone please tag me for next time @Jessica-and-Henry0 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Patience6, just keep an eye out on the Community Center every once a while :-). We usually feature a topic when we're about to have a social meet-up. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen