*Happy Australia Day!*

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

*Happy Australia Day!*

Happy Australia Day to all our Australian Community.

How are you celebrating?

Enjoy!

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

6 Replies 6
Annie7
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi Lizzie, happy Australia day to you and all Australian hosts. Just about to do a quick vacuum ready for this afternoon's guests then off to the bakery for meat pies, as too wet for a barbecue.

Sun came out so will have drinks on veranda with neighbours

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Annie7 and @Isabelle3,

Both sound lovely, glad to hear the sun came out for you. Annie, I hope your guests are enjoying their stay. Did they come especially for the public holiday? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie @Isabelle3  @Jac Once again I am late on the scene but, I invited all the residents in this street of ours in for an Australia Day 'Pies and Pav' dinner! We had an attendance of 15 which (considering we are not a big street) was pretty good! It was a lovely evening with the temperature hovering around 30c (85f) and perfectly still, no wind.  I cooked individual chicken, Leek, potato and Thyme pies topped with puff pastry, mint and served with parmesan smashed peas, and Ade cooked the biggest Pavlova you have ever seen. We are so lucky to live in the decedence that we have in this country and at one point in the night seeing all this food and lovely wine being devoured I felt a bit guilty for all those that are suffering in the world at the moment! But, this was Australia Day, and as it eventually got dark, I fired up all the tea candles in the garden and set the laser light generating shafting hundreds of pin points of light into the trees, we sat there long into the night and we thanked God we were alive and lucky enough to be living in this wonderful country.....Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww Robin, this sound like a perfect day. 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing. 

I didn't realise before, but are pies quite a popular thing to eat on Australia Day?

Your dinner sounds very tasty and I am picturing the pavlova now...this is all making me rather hungry! I feel like quite a few things in the CC have been making me peckish recently, have you see the thread on 'Meal for Champions...' in the Living Room. 🙂

--------------------

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie Hi there again, I don't suggest that 'Pies' are a typical dish for Australia Day Lizzie but, I love my cooking, and cooking for 15 in a typical domestic kitchen poses certain challenges!!! So you tend to cook meals that are easy to 'finish'. The chicken, leeks, thyme, potato and stock was all prepared early in the day and all I had to do that evening was put the mix into ramikins with a bit of cream, top with pastry, ten minutes in the oven and......'bobs you're uncle'! It all went like clockwork and, I must say, Aussie Day dish or not....they were bloody good!!!

Lizzie, on another thread, I took a fellow host to task who was hell bent on trying to get phone contact with you about some ideas he has for the CC. I know you are perfectly capable of taking care of yourself but after his second attempt at getting his point off the ground I felt he needed to be told he had crossed 'that' line. I hope you don't mind Lizzie.....cheers.....Rob