Many posts are going unanswered

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Many posts are going unanswered

I see the moderators are doing a sterling job of ensuring each post has at least one reply.

I wonder if @Stephanie @Jenny @Sybe @Emilie @Quincy would have an easier job if they..........

JUST ALLOWED @Sarah977 back

10 Replies 10
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 - always good to hear you appreciate our work!

With the amount of posts on the CC each week, it's easy for some questions to slip through the cracks and go unanswered, and that's always been the case.

We're trying to be more mindful of that these days, to complement you and all the other members continuously doing a wonderful job sharing your knowledge, experiences and tips learned over the years with those who need a bit of help.

Have a great weekend!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jenny 

" members continuously doing a wonderful job sharing your knowledge, experiences and tips learned over the years with those who need a bit of help."

That is exactly what @Sarah977 was very good at.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 

We should answer all those questions with:

@Sarah977would be happy to respond, but you will have to wait until  she is back.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Emiel1 wait wait what happened? I haven't popped in to the forum for ages,  had no idea. 

@Sandra126   Hello.......I had no idea either, I was on recently looking for her, had a question just for her.! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sandra126 Yes, sadly @sarah977 made one comment too many and was banned from the platform. A real shame as her input was massive and 99.9% positive (although not always toward Airbnb). It is very clear that the number of unanswered posts has gone up since she 'left'. Sadly I guess @Catherine-Powell isn't letting her come back to us.

Search for 'a lament to @sarah977' for other comments.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra126 

Yeah Sandra, same with me, I am only here spasmodically and I wondered why I hadn't seen anything from Sarah after 3rd April. I just assumed she was having a holiday back in Canada until, while searching for something else, I came across @Paul1255s post....'A Lament for Sarah977, and like you Sandra, I was just plain stunned.

This Community Centre only works at its best if you encourage its most knowledgeable and active contributors. We need to assess the good with the bad.....how on earth can we arrived at a balanced opinion to pass on if we have this 'censorship' thing hanging over our heads!

That's 3, and I suspect 4 we have lost in the last couple of years @Susan17   @Ute42  @Sarah977  and I suspect Penelope,  @Super47 . 18 months ago I responded to one of her very personally critical posts telling her that she needs to tread carefully about 'sensitive' material........which she seemed to have a dumpster load of. But Sandra, she kept at it and next second, she was gone like a bucket of prawns in the sun! Here was her last contribution on the CC.

Super 47.png

I am not contravening anything here because its all readily accessible here by any member of the CC.

I feel a bit sad on a couple of levels Sandra, these guys on the CC have been so consistent, so good and even handed the way this forum has been run I am sure having to restrict a major contributors access must hurt them, after all  long term contributors have become like friends with the moderators. 

@Lizzie took time out of her busy schedule to come 1,700 kms, half the way across this continent to spend a night here with Ade and I, these guys care for us! 

I also feel sad for Sarah! I have put in a lot of time here over the years but my contribution pales into insignificance compared to Sarah's! She is going to be a totally lost soul at the moment, this community centre virtually was her life. She spent more hours a day here than she would have in any paid employment! I just hope she can find something meaningful to her to fill the void.......that camaraderie that she had here.

Good to see you back every now and then Sandra, all the best.

Cheers...........Rob

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Indeed @Robin4  thanks for sharing that last post of Penelope’s.

One of Sarah’s last was chillingly similar.

I will see if I can find it 😊

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4  - @Super47 was a previously banned users attempt to post on the Community Center again and so had access restricted. 

-----

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

One of the most important elements of an online community is a group of people with a common interest, working together, helping and supporting each other.  I’ve seen a lot of @Sarah977’s contributions to the community, and she’s provided some great support to other members over the years.

That being said, given the amount of experienced and knowledgeable people that are part of our Community, it shouldn’t fall to one person to engage with other Community members.  We’re all responsible for making the CC what it is, and a big part of that is helping one another.

@Mike-And-Jane0, it can be hard to see the quantity of work your OCM team does as we do a lot of activities out of public view, such as addressing moderator flags, DMing the thousands of members we have, and encouraging members to post so they can feel a part of this amazing space. Because problematic behaviour is well-moderated, the broader community isn’t always aware of what other members are thinking, how they are impacted by what is posted, and how it can sometimes be detrimental to the health of the CC.  

All being said, there is already a thread about this member that you are more than welcome to celebrate her positive contributions on - with that in mind I’ll close this one as duplicative.

Closing the thread means no new replies can be posted.

Thanks

-----