[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Cooking meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

I hope you have had a good week. For those of you unaware I was away from the Community Center for a few days last week, so I hope you are all keeping well and I can't wait to catch-up with you . 

Our next community social will be on Wednesday July 15th, 12pm (UK time). 

*Timezones:

Wednesday July 15th, 6AM (Kansas City)

Wednesday July 15th, 7AM (New York / Toronto)

Wednesday July 15th, 1PM (Spain)

Wednesday July 15th, 8PM (Seoul)

Wednesday July 15th, 8:30PM( Darwin)

Wednesday July 15th, 9PM (Melbourne) 

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEudeGqqTkvG9w27w8jmdOOAnncG_g9v1RA

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

In the last meetup, we agreed we will take the plunge and try doing our first cooking together meetup. Clara has kindly agreed to be our host and guide us through a deliciously sounding recipe for 'CC Egg & Veggie Breakfast and CC Sweet Cheese & Jam Delight'  which sounds perfect for our first community cooking experience. 🙂 

So for those of you who want to join in, here are the ingredients we need:

• Tortilla’s/ wraps – store purchased – I like white flour best –most versatile  
  • Oil for cooking – any light oil-  grape seed/butter/coconut/walnut 
  • 2-4 Eggs  
  • Veggies of choice – small amt. onion/garlic/kale/spinach/mushrooms/any veggies 
  • Salt/pepper - herbs/spices as you like for eggs 
  • Cheese – grated/sliced/any kind works 
  • Spread –savoury– tomato paste/pesto/cheese spread/any to use with eggs 
  • Spread/jam/jelly/chutney 

More details can be found, here

It would be great to hear who will be taking part ahead of time, so please do share below if you can. For those of you who can't make it to the kitchen, please do join us as our support/cheerleading team (and watch us eat our delicious masterpieces!). 🙂

I'm very excited to take part and a huge thank you ahead of time to you Clara for hosting. 

Let me know if you have any questions (I hope the timing works for everyone). 

Thanks,

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the invite @Lizzie but wont be able to make it- look forward to everyone's photos! Enjoy x

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lizzie @Clara116 I'm trying intermittent fasting, so I may have to cheerlead during the meetup and try the recipe later. 

Regarding the savoury spread: try ajvar. It's a Serbian roasted red pepper spread, and it is amazing. 

@Alexandra316 wonderful idea....both the intermittent fasting and the Ajvar.....I'm trying to get it today. Well, I'll have my husband David trying to find it today. He will love it and its perfect for this recipe.

Thanks for joining and cheering us on.

Should be interesting to say the lest. Esp. since it will be at 6am - my time- and I have 2 little dogs and David and so I was hoping for afternoon time.....oh, it will be fine...perhaps even more challenging and fun. till tomorrow. 

@Lizzie This will be interesting and fun for sure.

best to you both, Clara

@Clara116I think it's 7 am for you... I believe you're on the same time as Toronto. 6 am is very early!

@Alexandra316  I am actually on CDT central daylight time.....everyone thinks we are on Eastern but unfortunately not. So it is indeed 6am.....yes it is early. the good part is I usually am up very early. See you tomorrow. 

@Clara116!That's too bad. Every day is a school day! I always thought we were in the same time zone. 

Any luck with the ajvar? A friend introduced me to it, and he actually uses it as pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce. It's delicious for that too. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Clara116 @Lizzie , @Yadira22 

@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

So sorry that I can’t participate in the cooking, as I’m just checking in as I have signal (4G) . Yay! Garry and I have hit the road in a camper and visiting an old friend, Kakadu National Park and surrounding joys, this week, before I’m back at work on Monday. We are at a camp ground in Jabiru.  With a head lamp on so I can see outside the camper. Insects trying to fly into the light, missing and getting my face!!!!! Lol. 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Cathie19 so sorry you will miss out Cathie......your trip sounds so fun, except the bugs. Have a wonderful time. enjoy, relax till next time, peace - clara

Thanks @Clara116 .

@Lizzie @Clara116 and everyone else~

I'll be there with my snack (or late dinner) ready 😁 

Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes, I want to make fool of myself! I'll be there 😄 

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Francesca  hahaha......me too......ya'll can just laugh along with me too.  I've never had anyone watch me cook.....NOW I'm nervous.....lol.....not really. I plan to have fun with this whole attempt. See you tomorrow. blessings, Clara

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

@Lizzie 

Welcome back ! I hope you had a good break.

I'm glad you changed the timing to lunch time! Perfect.

I shall see you tomorrow.

Excited to do my first virtual cooking. Thanks @Clara116 

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww wonderful, looking forward to seeing you @Marissa107 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.