The case of student engagement - challenging the teacher

The case of student engagement - challenging the teacher

The case of student engagement - challenging the teacher.jpg

Many times, it happens with the teachers that during the middle of the lecture, and explaining the project details to the students, some or even one question breaks the silence and it usually comes. For a student, breaking the mood of the teacher is just like shooting with the words; when we are going to use the idea of what you are sharing?

This, of course, is just the beginning and I was just about to give the students a detailed lecture of the course of caring and passion to care. The previous month project culminated with lots of errors and I did not want the current month project to be the same and thus I myself designed the project carefully and setting out the examples for students learning that might need a voice to control their passion and doubt me - that voice shattered things.

A smile with a deep quip was on my lips and I said, “well, we surely will but, if you could use your brain instead?” but, I decided to give a better reply and I look at the eyeball and instantly replied with an answer no one was expecting: “Great question!”

The seriousness of the question

This time of inquiry can sometimes be a moment of embarrassment for the teacher. The lesson, which we prepare for the students are the result of our years of training and teaching experiences and joining points to points to make a perfect lesson plan. And, these students are challenging our authority, makes us frustrating sometimes. Well, learning through these situations has been a part of our journey and maybe the answers which we give them politely can actually change their thinking in the long years of their journey towards success.

Answering the question in a serious mood will make the students think deep and might also show respect towards the teacher and the willingness to grow the thinking skills in students. But, on the other part, if I answer the question, students will take complete ownership towards the project and the connection between the aftermath of life and life within the class will change.

I will be using a simple strategy to answer; it’s quite simple. The designed task will take place outside the class and this is when you can use the idea which I have shared. This would make most of the students happy and will certainly change the momentum of learning in the class.

Let’s check some of the examples that I have learned from other teachers around.

Geometry

Suppose, the assignment is about calculating the area according to the formula learned in the previous lesson. An example might be that when a person needs to measure something for the work, but by using the formula, much of the time will be saved.

Social Studies

For an assignment about American Revolution, the students can use the simple method of putting the least important points in ascending order, the teacher can easily vote for the right and wrong and making all seek the attention towards their answers.

Music

During the course of action, a teacher asks the students to compose a short piece with their instrument and only using the F-major along with the elements of fermata in 30 minutes. This style of inquiring will work in a situation in which limited resources are given and creating a new presentation is useful as it will make the student think creatively to complete the task.

Biology

Using a series of the organism, make a sequence by ordering them in phylum, order, class, genus and correct kingdom. This type of assignment is something which requires a simple categorizing model and skills related to organizational behavior for sorting according to the sequence. This type of assignment will help students to maintain and organize their daily routine from doctor appointment to laundry slips, and for an appointment.

Final thoughts

Ultimately, the matter of taking the question too seriously will make the content more valuable. But, the student’s thinking ability needs to be changed and for that purpose, the genuine UK coursework writing service has been coming with loads of ideas to increase the engagement among students and to make them learn about taking the ownership to win the game of attaining the degree.

2 Replies 2

I think it's the student's right to ask anything related to the project when student can't understand the theory very well.

When I was a student, I used to ask questions related to subjects that I can't understand. If you won't believe what I mean then you can read the best character qualities for student over here https://www.ceebd.co.uk/articles/education-and-training/best-character-qualities-for-student.htm I am sure after reading an article over here you will understand our difficulties and how we should learn to face our problems.