Things you have made...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Things you have made...

Hello everyone,

Last Friday we held out latest EN social online meetup and the theme of discussion was to talk (and show) about things we've made ourselves. We were all in for a treat as the range of things shared were fantastic, from wonderful weaving to homemade biscuits, jewellery to knitted cats and a massive shout out to Lawrene for creating face masks for keyworkers in her local area (this made me slightly emotional). Thank you for all the effort.

It was such an enjoyable couple of hours and once again just really nice to have a chat with great people from around the world. What a fantastic way to end the week! 

I've seen a couple of asks from those of you who were unable to attend  to see the handmade things we talked about and so I thought as I'm sure there are lots of us who might like to share something and give each of us ideas to fill the time, why not start a discussion for us all to share and add to. 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Clara116@Christine615@Ann72@Kimberly29@Stephanie@Quincy, @Helen350@Marissa107@Kemi9Fran(sorry unsure of your number), @Jessica-and-Henry0@Roberta2@Gordon0,  @Melodie-And-John0,  @Sandra126@Kath9@Mike-And-Helen0@Helen3

I'll get us started, I've been learning to knit for the past few  weeks (I find it's quite a relaxing thing to do before I go to bed) and so I showed my first knitting piece to the group (you will be pleased to hear I managed to sort out the knot!)...it was going to be a scarf, but I've now turned it into a snood (a neck warmer!). I know a grand total of two types of stitches, so if anyone else can teach me a thing or two I would love to hear from you. I ran out of the purple wool, but I quite like the pink. I'm presently wearing this as I type, so I'm pretty pleased. : )

snood.jpg

What about you have you made anything? Such as a craft or even redecorated your kitchen or a baked something delicious perhaps?

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

38 Replies 38
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie It looks fantastic!  And see what I mean about how something like running out of one color can make something even better?  I love this two-color snood!

I've been making body-pillow covers.  I've given away all the ones I've finished, but here is an example:

IMG_3371.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's very beautiful @Ann72, I can see why your friends were keen. 

I wonder how do you make it? Do you sew the pieces together or are they attached to one piece of fabric? (Sorry I'm not very technical–beginner here!) 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  Aww thanks!  I sew the front pieces together, then attach one plain back piece, finish the ends with the ties and Bob's your uncle, it's done.  🙂

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Lizzie @Ann72  My wife Dorothy wanted a closet and I wanted a book shelf, so I made a secret closet/ book shelf.

pinterest1.jpgpinterest2.jpg

Rubén
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What a great idea @Rubén16 and a great way to use the space. It reminds me of those amazing stately homes with secret rooms that only a few people know about. You did a great job–I'm surprised more people don't do this. 

Did you make the 'DREAM' sign as well? 

--------------------

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

Thanks @Lizzie  The 12 inch letters came from the arts and crafts store, the secret closet is in the bedroom so I thought the word DREAM would add a finishing touch to the project.

Rubén

@Ruben16 , Good show!   Thats not as easy to do as you make it look, I know.  My wife complained that this room had too many doors (8 to start, now 6).  Besides, Every 200 year old house should have secret doors right?  Stay well, JR Mild mannered Old China cabinetMild mannered Old China cabinetHides a top super secret entrance to man cave  and basementHides a top super secret entrance to man cave and basement

this drives me crazy @Melodie-And-John0 , which plate I have to take out to open the door?

Not plate @David6824 , its voice activated.  If you try using the wrong magic words, the eagle above spits super glue at you!

@Melodie-And-John0 could I try with Ok google rather than having that crow spitting on me?

that is freaky functional @Ruben16 !!! go ahead with further mods!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Rubén16  WOW!  I love that!!!

And it's good to see you again!!!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie 

Just a week ago I was asked to contribute a weaving in the community garden in our city. It inspired me again after a long time.....below is the video the lead gardener shot that day and since then I built my own garden loom/ weaver and have been having fun, relaxing, meditating and enjoying the sunshine and stirring up the creative juices. Many folks have reached out to build their own weaving structure for their yards/ gardens. So who knows I might do an experience some time.....I once was a teacher of weaving.....we shall see.

I am so enjoying our meet up sessions on Fridays and getting to know about each of you guys. Thanks for sharing....totally love all the creativity I saw at our last session. 

Till soon....peace all of you and safe blessings

Clara

Love it, @Clara116 !