What would you change in your local community?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What would you change in your local community?

Meeting with your community.jpg

Hello everyone, 

We all live in some sort of a community where you know your neighbourhood and its residents. Some communities have meet-ups or have certain group chats to stay in contact with each other to discuss and share news (just like on this community). 

If you could change something in your local community, what would that be and why? 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello 

Hello @Stephanie 

Whilst there's a few things that I think need changing in our community & would like to see fixed, overall it's a great neighbourhood with much to do for all.

The main change I'd like to see is the return of our beloved cattle on Mount Hobson, Remuera to ensure it's returned to the delightful place it once was so we have full use of it again.

On a positive note we have periwinkle & blue forget-me-nots The Queen & Princess Diana's favourite flowers still scattered on it that were planted there  in the late 1880's for our betterment.

I'd also like to see the return of grass berms with flowers as they add joy to the world & aid in the natural ecological systems.

What would you like to see in your neighborhood @Stephanie ?

@St

It would be great if there actually WAS an Airbnb community.  Our local Tourism Bureau started and runs the FB page and there are a small group who ever post there, plus, if we EVER discuss pricing issues of any kind, they remove the posts so we don't engage in "price fixing".  It was only after an Airbnb employee stayed with me that I realized there was an account manager who worked with the boutique hotels in our area - that are not a part of our community. 

Personally, I also want some sort of registration, onboarding, and permitting for Airbnbs in our area.  Too often a student just trying to make beer and pizza money for the weekend with their vacant roommate's bedroom, lists even though it's illegal for them to sublet in their apartment building.  They post for cheap, then a guest has a crappy experience - tarnishing and cheapening the Airbnb brand for everyone - everywhere.  

HI, Alice and Jeff! I used to live in Durham, North Carolina. I am a retired teacher from Durham Public Schools (DPS). I used to own a townhouse in Raleigh and commuted to my job in Durham. Later, I sold my townhouse and moved to Durham. I do understand your situation about wanting a home away and business permit for your Airbnb. Unfortunately, when the City of Durham catches on to making money from the permit, they will offer one. I now live in Staunton, Virginia. Staunton City offers a home away and business permit for Airbnb. It costs me $80. Right now, you don't have to pay, so enjoy while it lasts. The permit does make it more professional, though. I really enjoyed living in Durham. The people are great.

Gregg39
Level 1
Santa Rosa, CA

This to me is a discussion that should have happened before roll out. I'm very new to this comunity and currently waiting for approval from Mother Ship before I start hosting fishing and boat rides on the SF Bay. As a licensed USCC captain I have many years experience and understand the importance of safety. Can you imagine getting on a plane or hot air ballon that was borrowed or better yet stolen. Lives are at risk if the AIRBNB EXPERIENCE Guides are not vetted. The same should go for all things ABB.

Regards, Capt. Gregg   instagram @ featherdogoutfitters