Feedback

Feedback

My first hosting is almost over, what is the window within which my guests can leave a review?

I have a £1000 security deposit and their dog has caused some damage but its not a service dog so I'm not covered, what are my options?

thanks

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jan186 

The review time period is 14 days from the time of checkout.

To claim damages:

What-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As you say the Airbnb guarantee doesn't cover pet damages so hopefully your home insurance for STR does. I would try making a claim on that.

and please leave an honest review to warn future hosts considering these guests @Jan186 

I was warned against putting an honest review in case they respond negatively so impacting on my hosting? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jan186 the guest will not see your review until the earlier of 14 days (after which it is too late for them to review) or when they post their review. This means you leaving a poor review will not influence their review so please be honest to protect future hosts.

To claim for damage (which will likely fail if they do not agree to pay) you have to do so within the earlier of 14 days or the check in time of the next guest. Sadly the act of claiming is likely to get you a bad review so you have to judge if a claim is worthwhile.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jan186 I assume you block day (s) between bookings otherwise your check in and check out times will cause problems. Is the no pets on your listing new? If not you should have turned the current guest away!

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Jan186 have you mentioned the damage to them to gauge their response?  When did they leave?

You  have ‘No Pets’ in your description but have a pic of a pooch in your photos. 

If your deposit is via Airbnb it, unfortunately, doesn’t exist. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jan186 You've received valuable insight already, so I have nothing to add except to say, your post reveals that you might need to spend some more time in the Airbnb help pages. Learning for yourself the ins and outs of hosting will make your hosting journey much smoother. 

My daughters dog 

Heidi639
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Unfortunately, you have photos of live animals.  Many people do not read the entire description and just look at photos.
Maybe remove any and all photos of animals in your photos.
It states no pets, and you maybe able to contact Airbnb about it.

You can word your review/response for them in a nice way but business like also, pointing out that your rules are not to have pets even though they brought one.

It is always best to leave an honest review so that the rest of us owner's can see it and make that call if we want to host them or not.