My listing

Answered!

My listing

Hello,

Just placed my listing on Airb&b. Would be interesting to learn from experienced hosts what I missed. The main problem I have at the moment is keeping the garden clean and trimmed. Would appreciate any tips on how to keep the outside tidy and not spend all day there cleaning it.

30 Replies 30
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sevil15 

Nice listing.

I suggest to add secton "sleeping arrangements"

Also no check-out time is set.

Thank you. What is "sleeping arrangements"?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sevil15 

I don't know what to suggest about your garden as it seems there is a large outdoor space and it does look like it would take a lot of work to maintain it. Could you perhaps recruit some local youngster who is looking for a part time job to help you with it? They might not be skilled gardeners, but they could help with the general tidying. When I was a teenager, I had a summer job tidying up a garden, weeding etc. 

Otherwise, I feel like you could really improve your photos. Take them in landscape (horizontal) format rather than portrait (vertical). You will show more of the room/spaces and also Airbnb crops photos to landscape format, so they will appear better on the listing/App that way. Also, the photos seem to be mostly of the outdoor space and gym area. Perhaps include more of the bedroom. What about the bathroom facilities? As a guest, I would like to see these too. Do guests have access to a kitchen? If so, include photos of this, and any other spaces/amenities.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sevil15 I am guessing but you appear to offer 2 rooms for 2 guest in your listing. What I suspect you need is actually 2 listings (one for each private room) each for 2 guests. If I'm right you need to duplicate the listing and then remove 1 bedroom from each listing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sevil15 also as written guests check in after 3pm so you could be up at 2am letting guests in! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sevil15 is there no bathroom? I am confused as to what the guest can expect

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

You have a nice space but the photos don’t do it justice.  Revamping pics and a few good reviews could allow you to add a few £s to the nightly rate which in turn could go towards someone coming in an hour or two a week to keep things tidy during the  grass cutting/edging months. 

Thank you very much, Amanda. To be honest I am by myself here and upload the pics as certain areas get tidied up.  Looks like I will not manage without an extra couple of hands here.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Yes, you need more photo's of the inside, Kitchen, Bathroom and Dining room people do like to see what they are paying for, Check in your area what is a good time of the day to take photo's, Better still if you know someone who can take for you.

Can I ask why you called it "Lighthouse Inn" 

You need to expand on your listing description we are in the hospitality business so make it hospitable and welcoming.

Im guessing you speak more than one language if so put that in,  

Thank you very much for your comments. We called it the Lighthouse Inn because the house is on the hill next to the real Lighthouse with a

rocky landscape. Nice area for walking.

Can start here, Unless someone knows the area then they would not have a clue, Expand your title maybe include the name of that lighthouse and the surrounding area,

Give me your words and will arrange it for the title, Make it more inviting

@Sevil15 

It's just a separate hill with the lighthouse on top. If you climb up the hill, which is half an hour's walk, there is a beautiful view of the Caspian sea,  beaches, and shipyard. 

Dear all,

Thank you for your precious comments. Didn't realise how many things need rectifying. Good job people like you are there to help.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Sevil15 If you dont finish your listing properly you will be getting a million questions for guest,

Put yourself in the shoes of a guest what would you be looking for?

Also take a look at other properties in your area and get ideeas from them