Planning on taking legal action against Airbnb

Ryan2711
Level 2
Vineyard, UT

Planning on taking legal action against Airbnb

Airbnb suspended my listing after a neighbor complained about noise. He called the cops and they reported NO noise. This has happened several times. Each time the same. (Working things out with neighbor, including also potential legal claims).

but now, Airbnb DOES NOT RESPOND and will not help get our listing back. They won’t listen to our appeal, they never answer, and continue to not help. They say “it should be able to list”. Nope. No help. They are literally costing me revenue preventing me from running my business, and therefore, I am looking to take legal action. 

does anyone know what the process is or who to serve?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ryan2711 You can find Airbnb's legal address using google quite easily. Has your attorney suggested that you can win a case against Airbnb? My suspicion is that Airbnb has the right to deal or not deal with any particular individual at will unless they are discriminating. If I were you I would list on VRBO instead.

Ryan2711
Level 2
Vineyard, UT

Yes. They are preventing us from revenue without cause. 100% have a case

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ryan2711 good luck then but I guarantee you will just line the lawyers pockets.

Seems like you don’t know how the legal system works chief

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ryan2711 if you are thinking 'no win no fee' then good luck finding someone willing to take on your case!

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ryan2711   Airbnb is not the be all end all to your business.  They are an advertising venue.  Would you sue a newspaper for not choosing to run your ad?  After all, not listing your property means no gain in service fees for them.

Do your research for other ways of listing your property.  There are other OTAs out there that can advertise and help you earn income.  I operated for more than 15 years without Airbnb and made good money doing so.  Get on verbo, Facebook, Craig’s list — find out who operates locally.  Good luck!