Smart pricing

Julie4405
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Smart pricing

Hello, I'm new to Airbnb hosting in Kenya and wondering do you follow the smart pricing cause it normally sets the prices too 'low' and also I lowered the price point to encourage guests but I'm thinking is there a risk of underselling your house? How long did it take for you guys to get a client?

3 Replies 3
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Julie4405 Welcome!  Yes you can undersell your house for sure and have many problems with that. Check similar listings in your area in the traveling side for pricing.  Set your price somewhere between the lowest and highest. Of course sometimes you have to go a bit lower at first. Be careful not to have it low and have the 20% discount for the first three guests on. Many have been caught that way!

My first guests almost 7 years ago was the same day we went live!  

Julie4405
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Thankyou. I definitely keep checking up on the prices and it's good to know about the 20%discount i almost turned it off haha. Though I found I had to set the night price a bit higher for the discount to not be too low.  seems to be a balancing act.

And first-day congrats! were you prepared or was it a bit of a shock?

@Julie4405 It was a bit of a shock and it was for the next night but we had been renting to a senior gentleman between selling his house and getting his condo so we were us used to renting and it just got better from there!  And at that time, we had no idea what AIRBNB even was. Just listed after seeing an ad.