2024 bookings and loss of Super Host ๐Ÿ˜”

J62
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

2024 bookings and loss of Super Host ๐Ÿ˜”

Nobody seems to want us anymore?! 
I have been one of the cheapest accommodations in my area (too cheap) and have maintained superhost and excellent ratings for a number of years.  I have even removed my cleaning fee and offer discounts.  Bookings have all but ceased and my Superhost status has been removed which feels punitive.  
My theory is that another provider that i use (bkg dot com) have more flexibility in terms of payment and cancellation.  However, their platform is super user unfriendly and I would much rather rely on AirBnB ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@J62 I am surprised that booking.com is more flexible in cancellation policies. Flexible with Airbnb even allows rounds once the stay has started!

My suspicion is that you rode the wave of high prices immediately post covid and have since been affected by oversupply of STRs.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @J62 

A lot of hosts mistakenly think that guests go for the cheapest listing . This isn't the case . My listing is one of the most expensive in my location and I still get lots of bookings .

have you looked into supply and demand for your sort of listing in your location ? Many markets are oversaturated 

if your calendar is blocked out with bookings from other listing companies you will fall in the rankings for Airbnb.