Advice for Booking Requests 1 Year Out

Jennifer4284
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Advice for Booking Requests 1 Year Out

Hi - we are new hosts and looking for some advice about how to manage booking requests that are as far as almost a year.  Our beach property is near a new wedding venue so we have people asking for booking availability next September. We have only had 3 guests stay so far and know once reviews ramp up, summer hits and we potentially get upgraded to super host status we will be able to increase our prices by a fair amount. Do we take this booking and bump up the pricing to what we think we might be asking then or wait and ask her to check back? Thanks in advance for any and all help! 

4 Replies 4
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center and to Hosting @Jennifer4284!

Did you decide to accept the bookings for next September?

The CC has many experienced Hosts who might be able to offer you some advice about this type of situation @Helen3 @Gwen386 @John7474  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks Breanna! Yes, we got back to them saying we required a three night minimum for insurance purposes (they were requesting 2) and giving them the price for next September which was a little increase from what it is now and are waiting to hear back. Since our spot is new, we started out with pricing at a competitive rate but expect by the time we get to next year at this time with more reviews we will have increased it. I’d love advice about how to maximize when you are getting requests so far out as I don’t think this will be the first! 

@Jennifer4284 @Breanna 

Hello Jennifer! 

Welcome to Airbnb Hosting!  Your home and listing is wonderful!

We host our home in Oaxaca, Mexico.  Given our unique location and annual festivals in Oaxaca (Dia de los Muertos and Guelaguetza) we often get bookings months or nearly a year in advance. 

We find that guest honor their reservations as finding accommodations in the city during those periods of festivals can be difficult. 

I think since your mentioned guests are making plans for an upcoming wedding, they too will honor their reservation. Given your beautiful home, if for some reason the guests would cancel, someone else will book your home. 

I think you have a good plan to ask for a few days deposit, and a slight increase in price for next year.  

Wishing you continued success with Hosting on Airbnb! 

Best, 

John

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your situation I would look at what similar properties in your location charge to get an idea of how you should prices yours.

If your market is typically those who book a long time in advance, I would increase your prices now for next year taking into account what will likely be your peak seasons.

If you haven't accepted this booking yet, tell the guest you are still setting your pricing for next year and will send them over a message when your pricing and calendar is open.

Also worth talking to the wedding venue and see if you can advertise through their channels/be put on a preferred supplier list.