Airbnb Scam

Alexandra2134
Level 2
Bothell, WA

Airbnb Scam

Hosts beware! I was scamed by guests.  Guests checked in, stayed hours and called Airbnb to complain about the cleanliness of the place and cancel thier reservation. I was confused at first as I utilize Turno to turnover my place and had previous cleanings with this cleaner with no issues. The guest then promptly left a 1 star review. It took me a while to realize it was a scam; that guests would stage a clean home to look dirty and have Airbnb cancel to get out of paying the cancelation fee. I contacted Airbnb and provided them with timestamped photos of the cleaning prior to the guest check in, time stamped arrival and departure of the guests and confirmation through Turno that the cleaning had been completed. One complaint on the review was that the dishwasher was not working. I inquired with the guests that stayed at the property immediately preceding through the Airbnb chat, and they confirmed there was no issue with the dishwasher. I'm still in conversation with Airbnb but so far they are denying my request to remove the review and rating. I'm asking for any advice from the community on this issue. This type of scam threatens the Airbnb host community.

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Alexandra2134 

Your listing is probably under a different profile,  Submit the question under the profile with  the listing then we could see the review in question

Thank you

I am confused as to how they scammed you? the review seems legit. Is there  a cat on premise?

I am confused too. There are no animals on the property nor has there even been.