Airbnb is giving me the runaround on an Air Cover damage claim.

Airbnb is giving me the runaround on an Air Cover damage claim.

Had a family in my newly renovated house for the last 2 weeks of August. They did a tremendous amount of damage  - broke the dishwasher, let water pool on the new kitchen counters so they warped and had to be replaced, broke the legs off a bed, kicked the covers off the baseboard heaters, left garbage in the back garden, left the place filthy and requiring many hours of cleaning and there are missing bed linens.

I could not secure a contractor within a 2 week period so I contacted airbnb and spoke to someone who reassured me that I could claim any time and there was no restriction.

I am only trying to get reimbursement for the counters, extra cleaning and dishwasher repair.

Now the website will not enable the claim. I contacted airbnb with my problem and have been contacted, as if for the first time, by 3 different representatives so far, each asking for the same information again and then not replying when I provide it. It's like a psychotic loop where Airbnb pretends to help and then ignores me ad infinitum.

Has anyone else had trouble getting them to provide the service they promise? I have several listings with this platform and pay them well. I'm seriously thinking of leaving and using VRBO.

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anne13794, I'm sorry to hear about this.

Have there been any updates on this since you posted in our community? I have made sure to pass your case on to the team for review.

Please keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Sam3661
Level 1
Martinez, GA

Yes, they're giving me the runaround too. I think the AirCover is nothing but a joke. I've been a top host with good reviews, and they do nothing but give me a hard time and issues. I told them from the start that this guest brought two cats onto the property, and I have a strict no-pet policy. They just ignore me and keep telling me someone will call, but no one has.