Airbnb support

Mary6665
Level 1
Golden, CO

Airbnb support

Guest damaged property then left a bad review which Airbnb support said they would suppress but now aren't.   I'm very frustrated because I wouldn't even ask a guest to pay for something unless I was protected from a bad review.  Airbnb said they would suppress the review and now they aren't.  I have 8 5 start review and this person left a one start review.  Airbnb said they were going to supress the review then about two weeks later, changed it.  I'm very frustrated.  I can't seem to escalate the case.  They just keep saying they are very sorry.  That doesn't cut it.  I've worked extrememly hard to get the 5 star reviews.  All hosts should think about this because it means you can't get compensated for property without a probable bad review.

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Mary6665 

Having a claim will not guarantee you you only have a negative review,  You are protected from a defamatory review.  If she said I got charged because the host didn't like my race that would be removed.

Just some advice since your new, respond to the review.  Write a professional business response.  The matter is already done don't use the space with your argument.  Who your really talking tol is future guests you want to show your reasonable and respectful compared to her ranting.

Thank you!  That seems to be the only thing left to do.  Support won't say why they said they were going to suppress it.  I can't get anyone to talk to about it