Best bedding to use?

Adhina1
Level 2
St Paul, MN

Best bedding to use?

Hello! 

I was wondering if I could get some input on what type of bedding hosts recommend/use since I am thinking of changing it up. 

I have a 3 bedroom, 4 bed home, and I have been using duvet covers. Because my turnover is 4 hours and I do get quite a bit of same day check-out to check-in’s, I am finding that duvet covers are a complete NIGHTMARE to put on so frequently. I have 2 sets of bedding for each bed that I take home and was between each guest to switch out. I wash the actual duvets, mattress and pillow protectors once a month and fitted sheets, sheets, pillow cases and throw blankets are washed before each guest. 

I am just finding that putting on 4 duvets (especially the upper bunk) is enough to KILL me!

My question are, if I were to use quilts or something else, do people wash those between every guest or do you just wash the sheets in between where guests would be sleeping? Should I get 2 sets for each bed to rotate? I’m finding mixed messages on what people do online and I don’t want any bad reviews that I would not be cleaning the bedding correctly! 

Thanks so much. 

17 Replies 17

@Ramesh53 I suggest if your property agent doesn't believe the duvet cover should be changed between guests then you would be well advised to change your property agent.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Adhina1 

I use both but prefer the bed spread or quilt. I use the king size for queen bed. Light to medium weight, mostly or all cotton. I shop around mostly on Amazon. I also find ones that have very durable fabric. I'll compromise a little on the color, some don't match that well with the room, but is very good quality. They can't be too heavy so can be washed between guest. All the bedding gets washed between every guest. Sheets, pillow mattress protectors. I only have one bed so just do it and let get know. I also iron the sheets and pillow cases. 

Duvets also work well but can be too hot for some guest and I don't have a good place to store them. Recently I was putting one up on the top shelf of the closet but a guest displaced the light bulb inside the closet, so now would need to keep it under the bed in a storage. That and it was kind of time consuming. 

I installed front end loaders that work great.as they are higher capacity and have no problem with bed spreads. A duvet, and change of sheets will fit in one wash load but the pillow cases or sheet tends to get balled up down in the duvet so doesn't get as clean, and sometimes does that in the dryer as well. 

I keep a few other blankets and throws in the closet for guest. An option is to sometimes use the quick wash on the washer and the steam function on the dryer. The heat from the dryer is what sanitizes the wash. The steam funchtions on both washer and dryer is very useful and glad I got those that I use. I think the rental unit only has it on the dryer but I rarely use those and just change out everything and do laundry in my living space. I have a lot of extra bedding.  

I've used both and haven't had any complaints or preference.  

Bruce719
Level 2
Somers, MT

@Adhina1  I know this is late, but I recently switched to a new bedding brand that gave me the best of both worlds. I always used duvets and hated it, but the guests liked them and it was always looked at as a much "cleaner" option. 

I ended up getting from these guys: dozebedding.com. They make a duvet cover but it zips on and off and opens up flat. It comes with the insert and snaps in each corner. It's really great.

The cleaners love it, but on the rare occasion that I have to change the bedding myself, it is really quick to wash and change, and is a game changer for my back. 

It's expensive, but I know they do discounts for property owners and bulk orders, so email them! I hope it works for you.