Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bookings

Answered!
Otis2
Level 2
Fultondale, AL

Bookings

I have stopped getting inquiries and bookings for over two months.

what’s going on?

Top Answer
Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Otis2

If you have struggling listing.

Here are a few tips you can use to boost your bookings.

1. Make sure your photos are updated the first 5 photos need to be your "Highlight Reel" that draw guests In. Create an inviting atmosphere that stands out from other listings.

2. Review the pricing of similar listings in your area and adjust yours accordingly based on demand, seasons and local events.

3. If you have any listings under 4.8 stars, ensure your property is spotless clean, well maintained, and in good working order.

4. Get as many 5 star reviews as possible. Each one will boost you in the Algorithm

5. Use specific "Key Words" in your description and space. Hack: Use a top performing property In your market as a guide.

6. Highlight your unique selling points, it could be a beautiful view, proximity to popular attractions, unique amenities or local recommendation.

7. Ensure your profile is complete and includes information about yourself. A well crafted profile can help build trust with potential guests.

7. Take advantage of Airbnb’s promotional tools like discount pricing, early bird discounts, last minute deals. These can help attract more bookings and increase your visibility on the platform.

8. Promote your listing on social media platforms, local community groups, travel forums. Just copy your unique Airbnb link and share.

These tips will pretty much help boosting your listing performance. Hope this helps, remember it takes time and effort. Happy hosting! 

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Otis2,

It could be a good idea to seek help from our members to critique your listing and get some tips to boost its visibility. Here is the guide about How to ask for listing critique for you to give a look.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Otis2

If you have struggling listing.

Here are a few tips you can use to boost your bookings.

1. Make sure your photos are updated the first 5 photos need to be your "Highlight Reel" that draw guests In. Create an inviting atmosphere that stands out from other listings.

2. Review the pricing of similar listings in your area and adjust yours accordingly based on demand, seasons and local events.

3. If you have any listings under 4.8 stars, ensure your property is spotless clean, well maintained, and in good working order.

4. Get as many 5 star reviews as possible. Each one will boost you in the Algorithm

5. Use specific "Key Words" in your description and space. Hack: Use a top performing property In your market as a guide.

6. Highlight your unique selling points, it could be a beautiful view, proximity to popular attractions, unique amenities or local recommendation.

7. Ensure your profile is complete and includes information about yourself. A well crafted profile can help build trust with potential guests.

7. Take advantage of Airbnb’s promotional tools like discount pricing, early bird discounts, last minute deals. These can help attract more bookings and increase your visibility on the platform.

8. Promote your listing on social media platforms, local community groups, travel forums. Just copy your unique Airbnb link and share.

These tips will pretty much help boosting your listing performance. Hope this helps, remember it takes time and effort. Happy hosting! 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have done all of those items ansd was doing well until end of May. I could do more oof item #8 but I'm not sure what is the most effective option. I tried FB before but did not see results.

Me too, I wondering the same.  I signed up with other apps to assist last night