Cabin has no WiFi and Airbnb default setting stated it did

Answered!
Dennise-Ann0
Level 4
Twain Harte, CA

Cabin has no WiFi and Airbnb default setting stated it did

I recently had a guest wanted to confirm that there was Wifi at the cabin.  I was confused as we are remote, in the middle of a national forest and there has never been Wifi.  It appears that that in amenities if you do not actively state there is no Wifi a default setting in the listing tells the guest "You'll find wifi login details here 48 hours before check in."  All internet out here is super expensive and metered.  It would cost more than the daily listing and the guests used to unlimited wifi would most likely drain it in a day.  I corrected the listing so this will not be a problem.    Anyone else have this confusing problem occur?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dennise-Ann0  Hosts should be aware that whenever the programmers make a change to the amenities lists or anything that you can check off as present or not present that things will revert to whatever was set as the default, i.e., everyone is presumed to have wifi, or electricity or hot water... in my case it was kayaks...we don't have kayaks, never have, but for a while we supposedly provided kayaks.

Hosts have complained that their cancellation policies have changed from strict to flexible.  

Hosts have complained that their rule sets have been removed, causing guests to be able to book during blocks or for more or less days than the rule allowed.

Review your listing in its entirely on a regular basis.  Go over the amenities lists in particular.  I review my listing at least once a month (if not once a week). 

AirBnB will never alert you to changes.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dennise-Ann0 ,

After you corrected the Wi-Fi mentioned in your listing, have you faced a similar situation or query with other potential guests?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

This was my last booking, so no.  I am on the alert.  

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dennise-Ann0  Hosts should be aware that whenever the programmers make a change to the amenities lists or anything that you can check off as present or not present that things will revert to whatever was set as the default, i.e., everyone is presumed to have wifi, or electricity or hot water... in my case it was kayaks...we don't have kayaks, never have, but for a while we supposedly provided kayaks.

Hosts have complained that their cancellation policies have changed from strict to flexible.  

Hosts have complained that their rule sets have been removed, causing guests to be able to book during blocks or for more or less days than the rule allowed.

Review your listing in its entirely on a regular basis.  Go over the amenities lists in particular.  I review my listing at least once a month (if not once a week). 

AirBnB will never alert you to changes.

I was a problem with Airbnb default setting.   Once there is a booking Airbnb sent out a notification that directions and wifi code would be sent within 48 hours of checkin.  I have now spoken to Airbnb about this.   Hopefully this will be corrected.