Can I as host cancel a reservation when the owner has sold the property which was under my administration?

Johan-and-Barbara0
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Can I as host cancel a reservation when the owner has sold the property which was under my administration?

Hi all, 

As the title explains, one of my properties under administration has been sold by owner. I do have one reservation which is far away in time, and it needs to be cancelled. Stricly looking into the FAQ this will cost me penalties. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this without, as the occured in fact is out of my possibliity to act. 

Grateful for comments

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Johan-and-Barbara0 This is absolutely within your control or at least it should have been. Your contract with the owner should ensure you only list the property for the time period it is available to you. As such you will be fined for the cancellation which is only right as you will have caused the guest hassle that they do not deserve. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a risk you take as a cohost when you chose to list the owners listing under your profile rather than having the owner set the listing up under their own profile and being added as the cohost @Johan-and-Barbara0 

You should check your contract with the host to see who is liable for the cancellation fees in these circumstances .