Change of listing after made booking

Dharmin3
Level 1
Homebush West, Australia

Change of listing after made booking

Hi Everyone,

I booked airbnb property in Victoria, Australia in April first week for the month of September to get good discount early. 

When I had booked, the listing header was the Entire place 5 bedroom.  It had maximum 12 people booking possible. 

I then chose 12 guests and finalised booking. I saw the receipt which suggests booked entire place 6 beds 12 guests. 

Now recently I saw the listing has changed saying that they have 5th bedroom only accessible upon paying extra 80$ per night at customer's discretion. I reached out to airbnb asking clarity with it. Having no access to one bedroom, I asked if they have enough beds to acoommodate 12 people. Host mentioned that they have couches and sofas to accommodate extra 4 people. 

I have my booking which does not mention anywhere about these new changes and receipt also says 6 beds inclusion. 

Now airbnb is suggesting that at the time of booking there were some notes that one bedroom is for additonal fees and airbnb said owner just recently changed it to 80$. These information is mlissing in my entire booking currently. However my question is that should not the listing suggest 4 bedroom as private rooms instead of entire place and only let me book 8 people instead. 

I have older people having back pain issue and I am worried would sofa and couches make their condition worse. 

Also should my booking that includes house rules, payment receipt or any other part of my booking should suggest such information ?

Please let know if anyone has expereince it. Do I have any ground asking Host to avail 6 beds as it was advertised not necessarily accessing that 5th bedroom. 

Sorry for the long post

Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Dharmin3 ,

Did you eventually go with booking with this Host? What is the cancellation policy of this Host?

In case you cancelled, seems like you still have time to make another booking. 

Do keep us posted if the Host complied with your request or you changed the booking.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines