False bad review by host

False bad review by host

Hi there,

I'm just wondering has anyone else had a false review as a guest? I'm genuinely really upset and annoyed. I've expressed this to air BNB and so far nothing being done all day I've tried. 

We were there 3days but up early and gone doing activities only back late at night. The hosts had ample opportunities to approach us or express concern and never did and in fact could have easily done so and I would have happily obliged but it is very unfair that people can literally slander people on this, like this is a huge company and very little can do.

They stated we smoked in the chalet and we didn't anytime I smoked was outside of it never left a mess, cleaned up butts and I hike so I'm very serious about that and leaving no trace in fact during my stay I even brought little lunch bags to dispose of them in public bins in village. They had to fix the shower switch was faulty stopped midway of my shower I had to wait until next late evening to wash my hair but I caused no fuss about it whatsoever  and never even mentioned it in my review I actually gave them a glowing one and when leaving the other guest next door kept giving us dirty looks as she walked ahead to the village but our chalets weren't joined and there was sperating partition between two chalets. The hosts never reached out only time I heard of their unhappiness was the untrue reviews. I left the place spotless and even lit scented candles left windows open I did all that without smoking in it I treated it like a hotel and went outside. It's absolutely outrageous that people can get away with slanderous reviews especially if they never even reached out to a guest or approached them, easily could they live next door to it. I mean surely that would be professional or if they had concerns they'd approach guest and let them know smoking wasn't permitted outside either only rules for inside, and sign inside but nothing about outside and they even had a shell that pubs were using as ashtrays outside on the table however I never used it. It's my first experience with air bnb and I'm extremely put off. I met the husband but never the wife and yet it was her that left slandering review. They never communicated about it or asked me anything, nothing whatsoever! Would they complain if I cooked in it? I'm part of a content creator club and I really wouldnt be recommend air bnb's to the club and there's about 300 of us girls in the club.

I just feel like air BNB favours hosts and shouldn't be that way reviews should be factual and accurate. But I find it odd how there's really no protection for people against this or how there had been no legal disputes in relation to it. 

0 Replies 0