Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Guest had a dinner party

Kitty104
Level 2
Spokane, WA

Guest had a dinner party

I have 4 bedroom house and I rent out 3 of my rooms as separate private rooms. I only allow 1 guest per room since the guests have to share 2 bathroooms, and I also live in the home (I have my own private bathroom). 

I have it in my house rules and pre-booking message that there is only 1 guest per room. 

A current guest in one of my rooms had a dinner party and she brought over 5 people without telling me. 4 adults and a child and they used my personal food/drink; I have a separate fridge & cabinets that are labeled "Guest" so people know where they can put their food (I have separate & labeled area for each guest as well.) 

How should I confront her about the extra guests? I know they didn't stay the night but my house isn't that big. I have no idea who these people are and I don't appreciate her bringing strangers into the house, especially when they use my personal food/drink. 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kitty104 reviews scores are gold dust to hosts. If you raise it with the guest and they take it badly you guarantee yourself a poor review. Personally I would say nothing BUT leave an honest review of them. Unless there is some monetary benefit in discussing it with them its just not worth it.