Guest stole other guest's room

Melanie686
Level 2
Darwin River, Australia

Guest stole other guest's room

My Airbnb has 2 rooms under separate listings.   A couple were booked into Room 1 for a week.  They asked to extend but on the day there were due to check out someone else was due to check into their room 1.  So I offered them Room 2.  I told them that the night before one of my regulars was due to check into Room 2 at Midnight but he would be gone by 9 the next morning. So I told them to be ready to move out of room 1 by 10 am by which time I would have room 2 ready for them.  Instead, the night before they waited for the midnight guest and told him to move into the room they had vacated so he had dirty sheets. They took his room 2 which was of course already clean. The poor other guests had black hairs in his bed and A takeaway container and dirty tissues on the floor.  I want to complain to them but know if I do they will probably leave a terrible review. They are leaving tomorrow shall I just let it slide?

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally if guests did that in my home. I would have asked them to leave. Their behaviour is outrageous and could have cost you a regular guest and YOU are worried about getting a bad review from them?  @Melanie686 

Absolutely follow up with them in person to ask why they did this, confirm  your conversation on Airbnb messaging and leave them and honest review and rating. 

Also flag with Airbnb.

I would refund your regular guest for his night in the dirty bedroom.