Guests arriving from overseas to quarantine in my listing property- what do I need to know?

Deborah12
Level 2
Twickenham, United Kingdom

Guests arriving from overseas to quarantine in my listing property- what do I need to know?

Hi all, 

I have guests arriving from overseas for a couple of weeks; they will be quarantining for the first 10 days and having their covid tests sent to the listing address. 

Presumably I'll not be permitted to greet them on arrival so they'll need to self check-in with the keysafe code. 

Apart from the cleaning/sanitizing I'd always do before guests arrive anyway as there anything specific I should know or prepare for them?

Has it all gone smoothly for others? 

6 Replies 6
Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Deborah12 I have not has a situation like this. I may suggest leaving a light snack, fruit or meal to hold them over until they can order groceries since they won't be able to leave.

Just a thought to make their time special.

Jorge

Yes, I will leave a welcome package as an extra and a bottle of wine. Good idea 👍

Deborah12
Level 2

Forgot to mention; they will have the entire accommodation - nothing shared. 

I assume they will notify immigration (or whatever the relevant covid authority is) of the address where they will be isolating and it won't be down to me to take any responsibility in that respect? 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I have had a handful of quarantining guests over the last year while they were waiting for test results. I did nothing different than I normally would. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Deborah12 

Welcome to the community 😊

You might want to well communicate with the guest, helpful information as,

1. The contact number of a nearby delivery services of the grocery store,the emergency phone number, etc
  2. Do be clear with the guests is necessary to top up of the essentials and amenities which you won't provide after the first pack runs out.
  3. Stand by the handyman and inform them in advance about the quarantine guest. Do call them to double-check the entire house before the guest arrive
  4. Do often to contact the guest during their stayto assume they are fine, and always remind them to stay safe and remains in the home.
  5. You might consider to add TV and Wifi for a long stay guests or provided the online hotspot contact detail.it is always a place to improve for your hospitality services especially the quarantine guest, as they are in home 24/7.
  6. You may having a longer preparation time for the next guest arrives after the quarantine guest check out. It is essential to follow the Airbnb cleaning protocol.

Hope it help.

Happy Hosting✌️

Deborah12
Level 2

Yes, I have organised tv and wifi for them. Thanks for the advice - very helpful