Guests endlessly asking me questions that are answered in the listing

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Guests endlessly asking me questions that are answered in the listing

Even though I state in my initial message to guests "if you have any questions that aren't answered by reading the listing details" please get in touch", I continue to get questions like 'is there this or that amenity', etc etc? Without fail, I'm getting questions that can be answered by looking through the listing. I've yet to receive a unique question. I get that people are busy and want to take shortcuts to answers, but I'm busy too! Even busier because I'm having to take time to answer these questions unnecessarily. 

Has anyone else successfully fixed this problem? 

19 Replies 19
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Colleen253 , as normal, this forum (and your question) has inspired me to yet again amend  my greetings email I send after a booking comes in.  I included more details that seem to be the same things people miss or just don't even look at in my very thorough listing. Maybe if they read it 4 times instead of only 3, they will remember it!!!!!!

I will say, I believe one of the biggest issues is little phones with not nearly enough real estate for my vast real estate listings!  There is just no way they can get a guest to review 42 pages of somewhat relative info on a 1.75 X 4 screen.   The second problem comes when they book it on their computer and dont add the app to their phone.  Then they don't get my messages on platform and they have poor access to their booking info once they hit the road !!!!!!!!!  Thats no bueno!!!!!

Stay well all, JR

@Melodie-And-John0  Yes, I think it's phone viewing that is largely causing the issue. Funny coincidence, but last night, after I had answered a series of amenity questions from a guest, she messaged once more to tell me she had just switched to her ipad and could now see all the answers to the questions she had asked! 

So, @Kelly149 hit the nail on the head. I have amended my intro message and we'll see how that works. And I did also add the suggestion to download the app. That's a good one too, as it should help communication even more!

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Like @Gordon0 mentioned above. If there is a question that seems to get repeated or you have a list of the TOP 5 FAQ's you can make that into a picture and put it in your photos. Most people really just look at photos and its a good way to get that information across. 

@Barry-and-Lera0  True, that!  Very good point. 

Hey Coleen. I hear what you're saying. I had the same issue with my property and I decided to develop a AI bot to answer all queries. Even with new questions I'm able to find answers based on some parameters. It saves me a ton of time and my response rate is near perfect now.