How to review a snarky guest, so other hosts know

How to review a snarky guest, so other hosts know

I have a snarky guest! We provide a courtesy basket for the PM and AM to give them a head start in condo after traveling. Waters, coffees, wine, snack, soup, creamer, sugar. We have a DW pod and a laundry pod for a short stay. Guest asked if it was my intention to only give her 4 k cups (2 guests) and 1 DW pod. I said yes,  it's meant to give you a jump on your stay without an immediate trip to grocery store. She replied " well I hope you increase your water budget to allow for this dishwashing". I checked with my cleaners, if we DO ENOUGH in comparison to other area hosts and she said we do the most. How do I review at end? Or just NOT review. I saw some of her previous stays did not show reviews, so, that may be the answer! TIA

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Geri352 we always supply dishwasher pods at the rate of at least one per day of the stay for stays up to 10 days or so. Anything less feels both cheap to me and doesn't encourage the guest to do the washing up well.

Wine etc starts to feel excessive (and would be illegal in the UK for most hosts) so I wonder if you need to redirect your money slightly.

We supply a full box of dishwasher packets, laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, sugar, salt, and so forth just as if we were living in the house ourselves. We also make sure there's some coffee, pasta, and cooking oil in the cupboard. We put ourselves in the shoes of an arriving guest, and provide them what they will need, and perhaps a bit more.

None of our over 1000 guests have abused our supplies. Few of our guests get snarky without cause. Those that do get a bad review.

Hospitality, says my dictionary,  is the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.