No longer seeing guest email

Answered!
Kelsey302
Level 1
Sun Valley, ID

No longer seeing guest email

I used to see a generated email for each airbnb guest on the right panel when viewing their message convo or calendar block. This seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know if this information was moved somewhere else?

1 Best Answer

I just found this:

Airbnb messaging is the core place where Hosts and guests globally communicate and we’re retiring the email alias feature on September 30, 2023.

If you relied on the email alias to send important documents, there are still several ways you can share this information with guests:

• Using Airbnb messaging, or by calling or texting. These features won’t change.
  • Posting detailed info directly on your listing. Guests can access these details whenever they need them.
  • Sending links to documents. You can send links in Airbnb messaging.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Kelsey, we're having the same problem.  I've looked everywhere and don't know the answer to your question.  I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one having this problem.

I just found this:

Airbnb messaging is the core place where Hosts and guests globally communicate and we’re retiring the email alias feature on September 30, 2023.

If you relied on the email alias to send important documents, there are still several ways you can share this information with guests:

• Using Airbnb messaging, or by calling or texting. These features won’t change.
  • Posting detailed info directly on your listing. Guests can access these details whenever they need them.
  • Sending links to documents. You can send links in Airbnb messaging.

I don't understand how do I send a link?  And if I send the whole document through the messages, it looks like crap.  why would Airbnb do this, why take features away from the users?