Scam?

Answered!

Scam?

Recently a guy messaged me saying that ''Look… All living expenses are covered by the company I work for. I have a business trip planned, but I have the option of not going. I want to get back part of the travel allowance allocated for housing. I can book your accommodation: you will take 30% of the amount for yourself, and return 70% to me. No one will live in your apartment - I won't come or, as a last resort, settle in another place.'' Thats what he said. This is from whatsapp, he wanted to me contact on whatsapp after that when i clicked his airbnb profile it didnt show up. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Oğuzhan9 he will pay by a stolen credit card/credit card details. Then you will be paid your money. You then give hime 70% of said money. The credit card owner then claims for a fraudulent transaction and is refunded their money. Airbnb then claim the money back from you as per their terms. You end up down 30%.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Geneviève9
Level 8
Montreal, Canada

Uhhh... yeah, huge scam!  Ultimately that is also a fraud against his company if he is found out (if his story is true), don't get involved in that.

Thank you.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Geneviève9 Actually it is a scam against @Oğuzhan9 . Anyway who cares who is being scammed - Its a scam!

How does this work exactly, how will he able to scam me? I couldn't figure out.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Oğuzhan9 he will pay by a stolen credit card/credit card details. Then you will be paid your money. You then give hime 70% of said money. The credit card owner then claims for a fraudulent transaction and is refunded their money. Airbnb then claim the money back from you as per their terms. You end up down 30%.

My point is exactly that, it is a scam 🙂