Third party booking appeared automatically

Lisa2031
Level 2
Portland, ME

Third party booking appeared automatically

Dates on my calendar have been automatically booked by a third party (even though my listing clearly does not accept automatic bookings—guests must always communicate with me first). 
I have been unable to message either the guest or the third party and unable to unblock those dares. The booking says “awaiting payment” but it had been on my calendar for over a month. Oven been in touch with Airbnb support on a regular  look at basis and they keep telling me there is a glitch in the system and that no one is actually booked. 
But the dates remain blocked and now I am concerned as the date approaches if someone will show up or not. It’s very strange that I cannot message the booker or block them.  Had this happened to anyone else?

I’m also very concerned that this could continue to happen. 
thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Oh my goodness @Lisa2031 - yes I would be worried too!  However, what I don't comprehend is why Customer Service haven't unblocked your dates if they're telling you that there is no booking?  So not only are you not going to be paid,(fictions booking according to them)  you're not able to free those dates for others to book with you.  The mind boggles🙃

I would be back on that phone and ask to speak to a supervisor.  If it's a bug and it should have been reported as such, they shouldn't keep you waiting this long.  

And if it's a Third Party booking, then Airbnb should cancel it as it goes agains their T & C's - end of story.  No payment = No entrance into your property but nobody wants to have to deal with this situation when they're knocking on your door that's for sure especially if it's through no fault of your own.  You have a reservation number showing do you?

Have you gone back to check on your listing that IB hasn't been turned on?  There have been a few bugs lately so maybe this is another one?

Good luck and keep us posted

All the best
Joëlle