Tracking someone else’s booking.

Tracking someone else’s booking.

Hi everyone, 

I’m just wondering if anyone else (that’s not a host) can see who booked an air bnb? And are hosts allowed to tell someone that asks who currently has an air bnb booked? If it’s not a legal matters etc. police, are host allowed to tell the person who currently booked your place’s name etc.? 

2 Replies 2

Hi @Lei-Nguyen0

No, as a host, you're generally not allowed to disclose guest information to third parties due to Airbnb’s privacy policies, which protect the confidentiality of guest details. Here’s how this works:

1. Guest Privacy: Only you, as the host, and the guest involved have access to each other's information directly through the Airbnb platform. Airbnb takes privacy seriously, so sharing a guest’s name or booking details with anyone else would likely violate these policies unless there’s a legal reason (like a law enforcement request).

2. Exceptions for Legal Matters: If police or other legal authorities request guest information, you should reach out to Airbnb Support. Airbnb’s legal team can handle such inquiries and will provide details only when required by law. This keeps you within Airbnb’s guidelines and minimizes any risks.

3. Handling Requests from Neighbors or Other Parties: If someone asks about current guests, it’s best to simply confirm that you have a guest but not disclose their identity or specific details. You can assure neighbors or concerned individuals that all Airbnb guests are vetted, and the property is managed responsibly, if that’s relevant to their inquiry.

Airbnb emphasizes confidentiality, so maintaining guest privacy not only keeps you compliant but also helps build trust with future guests.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lei-Nguyen0

Our host Alicia has shared her opinion. Have you had a chance to read it? Here is an article that might offer some additional insights: Protecting your privacy.

I hope this is helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad