Trip decline

Answered!
Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Trip decline

@Hello everyone in the community,  I am just wondering if anyone has noticed this recently , when a guest made an enquiry , which I then reply / declined within the 24hr period. My question is why does it show trip declined in my in box, when it was only an enquiry. It wasn't used to be like that  I just felt this might impact my sat,and looks as if, I have been declining many trip request.

Please help,  much appreciated for your time. 

Happy hosting 

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Abi010 that is an issue that arose about a year ago and may be a one off.Occaisonally a guest because of insufficient ID must ask an Instant book host to accept their booking . They are told to send a message to the host . This comes across as an inquiry but is in fact a request as the inquiry generally goes outside your rules. If the trip is not acceptable to you as someone said ,do not use the decline button , but let the 24 hours run out or if it is acceptable ask the guest to book ,but I suspect they cannot unless you send a pre approval... H

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Abi010 if it is an inquiry then just answer it but ignore the accept/decline button.

Thanks for your quick reply, but then Airbnb sends a reminder to accept or decline, and if the enquirer hasn't given me information or hasn't replied,  I am then forced to decline it, within the 24hr window,  or am I mixing it up .

Thanks again for your input 

@Abi010 are you sure it wasn't a booking request?

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

If it's an inquiry then there should be the options Pre-approve / Decline / Reply.

@Till-and-Jutta0 I totally agree but that is not what Airbnb do at present. Is the HAB trying to persuade them to do so?

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Mike-And-Jane0 , I did not notice any recent changes. On my host’s side it still is working like this:

• Inquiry: Answer or Pre-Approve or Decline within 24 hours (so, usually an Answer will be sufficient).
  • Request: Accept or Decline within 24 hours.

[So sorry, I’ve no insight about the HAB 2023.]

You must have insights from when you were @Till-and-Jutta0 ? 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 @Mike-And-Jane0 

@Till-and-Jutta0 is no longer a member of the HAB - regardless, we've discussed here on the CC before what the HAB can share and what their role within the Host Community is. 

I believe Till is just sharing his knowledge of the difference between an inquiry and a request here, based on his experience has a Host.

Till has shared he has no insights on behalf of the HAB so let's leave it at that.

Thanks for always being supportive, curious and understanding.

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It seems to be yet another bug in the coding of Airbnb @Abi010 .

I see this in Norway as well @Mike-And-Jane0 @. Hosts gets inquiries they are supposed to only reply to to keep response rate. Yet Airbnb is demanding the host to approve or decline as one should with a request. They also get told that if they decline the calendar will be blocked. So this is a bad bug.

Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

@Mariann4 , thank you for your input, I am glad someone noticed that as well,  so it's not just me.

Thanks to everyone @Mike-And-Jane0, @Till-and-Jutta0 @Helen3 and @Stephanie  that contributed to this discussion , and for all the suggestions. I think,  I will have to wait and see, if it will affect my Sat, if it does,  I'll keep you updated. Thanks again , and happy hostin

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Abi010 that is an issue that arose about a year ago and may be a one off.Occaisonally a guest because of insufficient ID must ask an Instant book host to accept their booking . They are told to send a message to the host . This comes across as an inquiry but is in fact a request as the inquiry generally goes outside your rules. If the trip is not acceptable to you as someone said ,do not use the decline button , but let the 24 hours run out or if it is acceptable ask the guest to book ,but I suspect they cannot unless you send a pre approval... H

Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Thank you Helen for your input,  I  haven't got instant booking on my listing. I  guess I'll just wait and see what happens next.

Thanks so much for your time