Visa got denied, I need to cancel my long term booking.

Answered!
Esther52
Level 1
Lekki, Nigeria

Visa got denied, I need to cancel my long term booking.

Hello guys!

I was supposed to go to France for study, so I booked a place on airbnb for my first month of stay. However, my visa got denied in July, I didn't apply for cancellation because I appealed for my visa and no response yet. So instead of wasting the remaining time, I want to cancel but also want a refund.

Please what do I do? Should I talk it out with the host or with airbnb?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Notify your host asap and contact BnB.

If you may need to cancel a booking it's a always a good idea to check the cancellation policy before you book.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Depending on the host's cancellation policy, that is how much you will be refunded. Have a look to see what it is, but you really will need to cancel ASAP so the host can have a chance of renting it to someone else, this is also your best chance at getting a refund as the host will be more willing to refund if they have filled some of the days.

Thanks for your reply! I checked and it actually has a moderate cancellation policy. That means I have to cancel full five days to check in, right??

Wow I just looked again under my booking, it says it's long term cancellation, what do I do?
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Notify your host asap and contact BnB.

If you may need to cancel a booking it's a always a good idea to check the cancellation policy before you book.

I did but I didn't know it would turn long term after 28 days, the host told me to cancel and request a refund which she'll grant so I'm just staying positive.
Thanks for your contribution guys!