WARNING! E-mail scam

WARNING! E-mail scam

I have been receiving emails by @Airbnb.pro titled "(my name)You have a complaint".

The e-mail purports that recently they had received a complaint regarding the cleanliness of a property listed on our platform. Since I have not rented since last year, I know this not to be true. Also I am a Superhost with 5 stars and none of my guests complained in their reviews.

The email ends with the words "Failure to meet our cleanliness standards may result in temporary suspension or removal of your listing from our platform."

In the e-mail there is an attached PDF which asks me to sign in with my password in order to be able to read the complaint.

Obviously it is a trick to get the host's password and take control of his/her listing.

Please be careful.

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Guido389 👋

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. It's so important to be aware of any of these types of emails/contacts. 

I wanted to share the article ⚠️ How do I know if an email or website is really from Airbnb? 

as it's got lots of information on what to do if you encounter a scam or phishing email/website, as well as a list of official Airbnb domains. 

I hope this helps, and thank you again for sharing. 
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Same here, thanks for the heads up, @Guido389 .

Pressure, panic, no-thinking but click on the link and entering the password - that's the way how phishing works.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

That's the original Fake email. We talked about this issue today, after my colleague Flora has received one.

FakeFake