Answered!
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcoming all Superhosts

Superhost_Blog.gif

Hello,

Congratulations on becoming a Superhost! Your responsiveness and reliability has earned the trust of your guests and they can’t stop talking about your outstanding hospitality.

If you’re new to the Community Center, this is a place to connect with hosts around the world to get insights, share stories, and support one another.

Introduce yourself to other Superhosts below and feel free to share a bit about your home, your region, or your favorite hosting tip. Who knows? Maybe you’ll even make some new friends.

We’re so happy to welcome you as one of our most valued hosts on Airbnb.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Everyone! We're so thrilled to welcome our new Superhosts visiting the Community Center and this thread from 2018! 🌻 Look how far we've come with our amazing Hosts across the globe😉

We congratulate you for this incredible achievement and invite you to introduce yourself on our new Welcome Superhost thread below to share your joy and passion for hosting! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5,782 Replies 5,782
Ray1844
Level 2
Tuscaloosa, AL

A local radio station did a bit on me becoming a Super airbnb host. How can I send this to you.

Cap Ray

Ray Allen (Cap Ray) The Traffic Guy
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Ray1844 ,

This is interesting! You can upload that bit on Youtube and share that link on the Forum and tag us. I am sure it would be great to hear your radio bit and know more about your experiences.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Chad461
Level 1
Mahopac, NY

Thanks Lizzie, very happy to achieve this status.  

Nice to meet all you other Super Hosts!  I host and stay in other Air Bnb's throughout the country.  Check out one of my homes just outside NYC:

Direct Waterfront 3 Bedroom, 2 bath home. Enjoy morning coffee on the porch as you watch the sun rise over beautiful Lake Mahopac. Take a stroll into town to enjoy the Sunday Farmers market or grab a bite to eat at one of the 10 restarants withing walking distance. Even grab a show at the pavillion in park right down the road. Nothing beats Lake Life! Fully furnished. 10 minutes from train and 3 major highways. 50 Minutes to Manhatten.

Anastasios32
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Thank you Airbnb!

I am delighted to be, for a second time, a superhost !

It is a honor for me to be part of this Airbnb community, for my winter house, located in the mountains of north Peloponnese, Greece, where I was born !  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7898991?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1673020945_qxjqIFAX...

Wishing you all the best for a happy and prosperous new year' 2023!

Anastasios

Adam-And-Maria2
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Thank you! It does feel like an accomplishment and we hope to continue to grow our airbnb biz to provide excellent hospitality to many more guests in 2023!

Paulina146
Level 1
Monterrey, Mexico

Yeiii I'm so happy I've been upgraded to superhost!! I used to be super host at the beginning, but I lost it for some issues in the room. We decided to remodel all the room and improove many things. The money invested was worth it! Guests really enjoy the room, the view, the location, the extras we offer. We will keep doing our best to make guests enjoy their vacations. 

Mohammad225
Level 1
As-Salt, Jordan

Hello All ,,

Im Mohammad from jordan I’m visiting since may 2022 in superhost for second time since I’m starts . Thank you Airbnb and my great guests. 

Mohammad

Toni4739
Level 2
Coahoma, TX

Finally! Made it to superhost status in under 6 months.

I truly didnt think I ever would . Hard work pays off .  So far my experiences through Airbnb have been nothing but positive.  There is definitely a learning curve . I hope to continue to improve as time passes . There is just so much to learn . And even More I'm not comprehending and have yet to learn.  Its Definitely been a process.  I've enjoyed Every minute of it for the most part . 

Carmen2020
Level 2
New York, NY

I’m a superhost!! I offer two great places in the area of Washington Heights in  New York City accesible to shops, hospitals and public transportation, my guests are always happy of how clean I maintain the rooms and the convenience of the locations, I’m looking forward to learn more from others to provide an optimal hosting experience! 

Rahfyah0
Level 2
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Blissful rising. 

Much respect great one. 

Love and Light to the innergy 

Hi,
I am Eric, doing Airbnb in Panama, originally from Korea.
I am doing an Airbnb operation in a 4 BR apartment,
I have 2 rooms listed on airbnb, and an extra room that guests can stay in case they like to stay in my place and need extra few days when the rooms they booked has a booking after their check out.

I originally was a co-host for an airbnb that I had with a friend/partner, but I did not like how I had to put my money into it when he is the one managing it and not being a responsible, and he was doing a casting studio inside an Airbnb and had photoshoots at night when guests were sleeping and did not try to control the situation while living in the moment.
The apartment had pool and gym, and it was located in a good environment.
However, being with an irresponsible person using my money like his own was a very stressful nightmare and the security and admin of the building did not really like what we were doing.
I had to leave the country and come back after 5 months trip just to found out that he has kicked me out of the apartment for not giving him money to pay for the rent of the apartment when he did not put any of his money.

Throughout my travels in Mexico and Argentina, I learned the good practices of airbnb hosts and the market situation being a traveler myself, and started my own airbnb operation with a property that i knew that was gonna work.
My ex-partner was gaslighting me with HIS experience about contracts and everything, but I was so fed up with him that I can show him that I CAN DO BETTER THAN HIM without having to be his wallet. I had losses for few months but on the 3rd month I broke even, paying for rent and all the utilities.
Meanwhile I am paying all my obligations on time, my ex-partner still owes me money (for more than a year) and struggling to pay his rent and utilities.

I have met very interesting people that get along with my mindset, some people come for business and we share business ideas and i learn about new things and they do learn about new things as well. It is an interactive environment and when people feel comfortable, a shared living space that creates value which is not limited just to financial gains.

My honesty, hospitality, and hard work has paid off and got me a SuperHost status, while my ex-partner is still just a regular host, and I have proven to him that I can do way much better than him WITHOUT HIM.

I was able to do it in an apartment which is less attractive without gym or pool, but the location was very strategic, smart people would understand that but those that aren't would not. 
Furthermore, some guests make terrible mistake of going to areas that are not really safe just because they saw a room or exterior of house/ building that looks clean and fancy outside and is priced cheaper with good reviews, not knowing ANYTHING.
Thus, it would not be possible to have a superhost status if the host has a listing in an environment which is not good and is prone to have any accidents or robbery for the guests.

In addition, what i noticed with my ex-partner was that he does NOT speak English at all, using a translator and translating spanish to english is fine but it has it's limits and it is VERY VERY VERY frustrating for guests if the host cannot speak English, especially in this age where English is a universal languages that everyone is expected to speak, and IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE IN A LATIN AMERICA THAT EVERYONE SPEAKS SPANISH, and I have seen it in the review that some guests openly write that they did not like host not speaking English, and we can never expect a visitor to speak fluent Spanish. Basic rule is that if you want your business to succeed, you must know English.

ESCRIBO AQUI PARA TODAS ANFITRIONES DE PANAMA Y OTRO LATINOAMERICA, POR FAVOR HABLA INGLES SIN TRADUCTORES SI USTEDES ESTAN SERIAS CON EL NEGOCIO Y NUNCA TENER EXPECTATIVAS QUE LOS HUESPEDES PUEDEN HABLAR EN ESPANOL EN SERIO. 

The path to become superhost was not easy to be honest, there are some shameless people who do not understand that "what you pay is what you get," and give 4 stars or 3 stars with a very unrealistic expectation, when I have given them full 5 stars.
While some ignorant people do not understand the importance of good evaluation, some understand this so well and they ask for things that are not a host's responsibility (e.g. Early check-in, using the laundry, finding some items that are not my responsibility) to get what they want just because they think they can negotiate and get whatever they want for a promise of 5 stars which they aren't actually going to keep.
Also, some say that they will give 5 stars for everything, but end up giving 3 or 4 stars in some aspects and NOTHING can be more disappointing than people who stab us at the back.
A no review is preferred than a 3 star or 5 star review, i hope people understand that and also not black mail hosts and superhosts from losing the status that they earned from hard work, and also airbnb from protecting superhosts from being abused by abusive guests because we are kinda forced to give guests 5 star reviews but when we find out later, we cannot change our reviews and evaluations.

I suggest airbnb to add a feature that allows superhosts to actually see how they have been rated before they can rate the guest so that we can know if we are being abused or not.
I am also a verified merchant in Binance P2P, and verified merchant status comes with features that are not available to ordinary merchants.

Being a superhost means more exposure, which may possibly mean more income, but also attracts a lot of unwanted attention people with very cheap personality and uneducated people who think they can manipulate and abuse everyone and deal outside the platform.
So there is a pro and con, and I prefer to transact only with airbnb to be protected from any guest damages.
If I were to share one tip with all the superhosts out there if they have a guest who has booked with airbnb and want to extend outside airbnb:

1. Make sure that the guest gives you 5/5 on everything (if it was not a great experience, they have no reason to stay with you! you should be in the control not them!)

2. Have a scan of their ID or passport, Airbnb will not be responsible for problems that might happen outside the booking done thru the platform, people can always change and do bad things (NEVER TRUST 100%). Also in case they get into accidents (jail, hospital, death, etc), you will have to deal with their belongings in the room, or report to police or embassy of their country of origin.

3. Make sure that they pay on advance. You should never lose money for blocked dates that the guest does not decide to pay and potential revenue lost. People's indecisiveness should not be YOUR problem. 

For now this is what I can think of, if anyone has any other tips or suggestions, please comment down below.
Congratulations to everyone who became Superhost this term, you guys did an awesome job and you all deserve it.

Tamara405
Level 2
Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Sri Lanka

Greetings from Sri Lanka!!

Hello everyone,

I got my super host status a few days back. I am extremely happy about my position in Airbnb host Community. I've been working for so long to get this status and now I achieved it.

Sri Lanka is a tiny island located in the Indian ocean. My country surrounds by beautiful sandy beaches, a hill country with a cool climate, and a lot of tea plantations where you can enjoy a taste of the world's best quality tea.

It enriches with cultural heritage and a lot of historical sites are available to see and explore for the guests who are visiting Sri Lanka for their holiday.  Also, delicious authentic cuisines are available with a lot of local spices for travelers to enjoy.

So my country will be an ideal location for your next vacation.

Being an Airbnb host I enjoy every moment I spent with my guests. It opened a way to get to know different cultures, people, and their desires which I see the similarities we encounter as different nations though we are living on different continents.

Brian-And-Leah1
Level 1
Fort Bidwell, CA

Whoa! Thanks Lizzie! My wife and I just got the email that we made superhost status, next thing you know here we are reading about all the other amazing superhosts around the world. Cheers to you all! My family and I operate an off-grid Tiny Home and an Airstream rental in Northern California on our small family farm, called Bidwell Canyon Farm. Many people have come here to learn about regenerative farming, some are just passing through, but surprisingly enough many guests are just trying to see the stars! We live near one of seven “Dark Sky” designated areas in the world and kind of took it for granted until we heard how amazing the night sky is from our guests. Hopefully, we get to meet some of you here one day! Here is to a wonderful 2023 to all of you beautiful superhosts. 

Warm regards,

Farmer Brian

Jacqui301
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

38D6AE21-C83F-46A5-9EC0-343B7AA8B851.jpeg

Hello, from a warm & sunny CAPE TOWN, South Africa.

I’m so happy to have achieved Superhost status once again. Thank you to my guests and Airbnb for all their support.  

Our kids have grown and flown the nest and although they visit often, we love the sense of community that AirBnB brings and all the wonderful  guests we meet from all over the world. 

Thank You

I am very excited to be a super Host! I love this little cabin on our cattle ranch and have put all my heart and soul into for people to love it too. We live in a very small Utah town that is surrounded by agriculture. We are half hour from a beautiful Bear lake. Most of my guest have booked me on the way to Jackson Hole,Wyo. and Yellowstone.I am enjoying meeting so many people and them learning of our livelihood on our ranch.